Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First car? Well technically second!

Options
  • 21-04-2008 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Hi there everyone!

Just a quick question. I'm looking to buy a car. I have driven before but its been about a year and a half since i did due to an accident in work.

The car I had before was a Nissan Micra......I only got it cos it was small and I didnt really like it.

So my question is what is the best car to start off with? Im looking to spend probably up to €4000 - though the lower end of that scale the better and it has to be small as i get intimated by big cars!

Any advice welcome! Btw I'm female!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

i'd recommend a low mileage ford fiesta with a 1.25ltr zetec engine. It doesn't really matter what generation, whether it's the pre 1999 model or the facelift one as they're essentially the same car. There are so many of them for sale second hand so you should be able to pick one up with aircon cd player and alloys cheap relative to the competition. They're a lovely car and quite nippy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

thanks for that :D

Advertisement