Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan for great things.....

Options
  • 21-04-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Fingal planning estimate the population at 25,000 in 2012.
    I think its a little bit scary though that they estimate the population to be 40,000 by 2016 based on planning and anticipated expansion.
    Will be a very different place to the small town it was 10 years ago. I suppose its all on the up and up and fantastic for the town. It will bring new jobs and skills and cultures to the town and make it the best place in County Fingal to live. :) A walk up around Dunnes and you can appreciate how the town has benefited and grown so brilliantly with many new businesses and new faces and prosperity everywhere! Cannot wait for the next 10 years :) Hopefully there will be 4 or 5 new mini town centres like around Dunnes, and building them well help with full employment for the area! I don't think anyone can justifiably say that the towns recent prosperity and growth (new cinemas, shopping centres, apartments) has not enriched us all and made it the best place to live in Fingal.
    Long may it continue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Legend20

Yeah new faces, pity they are all effin nitbags!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I take it you're a "native", it's nice to see such a welcoming attitude compared to the usual "send'em back attitude".

What Balbriggan needs now is a lot of proactive infrastructure planning at this stage not in ten years time when it's too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Legend20 wrote: »
    Yeah new faces, pity they are all effin nitbags!!

Is this a racist comment?

Post a prematurely closed thread and the moderator is all over you like white on rice. Post an offensive, racist, stupid spiteful NATIONAL FRONT type rubbish and we are all waiting for the mod.

Why are we wait-ing why are we wait-ing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Is this a racist comment?

Post a prematurely closed thread and the moderator is all over you like white on rice. Post an offensive, racist, stupid spiteful NATIONAL FRONT type rubbish and we are all waiting for the mod.

Why are we wait-ing why are we wait-ing.

You know what santry_goonshow, you got leeway on the last issue (which you really should get over by the way) because you're new to boards. However, on the feedback thread and via PM from me you were told to report posts you have a problem with. Did you report Legend20's post? No you didn't.

Why are you waiting? You're waiting because you didn't repost the post. You're waiting because I'm not on baords 24 hours a day. I got home from work at 9:45pm and haven't had a chance to log on to boards. When I logged on I didn't see any reported posts. I then received your PM which had absolutely no reference to any thread and instead was just a snotty "i suppose there's no policy for this on the forum?". To answer your question, no racist posts is a site-wide policy on boards.ie. Just because it isn't spelled out in every single charter doesn't mean it's allowed.

Legend20 is banned for a week but you are on very thin ice yourself. Learn how these forums work before you go shooting your mouth off on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭liverbird

100gSoma wrote: »
    A walk up around Dunnes and you can appreciate how the town has benefited and grown so brilliantly with many new businesses and new faces and prosperity everywhere! Cannot wait for the next 10 years :) Hopefully there will be 4 or 5 new mini town centres like around Dunnes, and building them well help with full employment for the area! I don't think anyone can justifiably say that the towns recent prosperity and growth (new cinemas, shopping centres, apartments) has not enriched us all and made it the best place to live in Fingal.
    Long may it continue.

As a resident of the sprawling (If badly planned) new estates around Dunnes, I must admit we are very lucky to have so much on our doorsteps, we rarely have to go down the town now that the new butchers has opened.
    The Hamlet has a great mix of people for a friday beverage but I just wish Dunnes would cop on and improve their stock control.
    It has improved since they opened but could still do with enhancing as I have mentioned to the manager once or twice:).

With the Port up the road in bremore I guess Balbriggan is on up. (In a good improved infrastructural and service way!)

We considered moving this year but might just stick around !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I just wish they'd stop digging the same two holes in the middle of the town every other bloody week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pah! Sure if you want that experience you can live in Swords today. 55,000 by 2011. Soon after up to 80,000. Metro on the way.

I say Swords is the best place for people looking for a cosmopolitan urban setting in Fingal. Sure Balbriggan can be the best town when Swords becomes a city. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

liverbird wrote: »
    I must admit we are very lucky to have so much on our doorsteps, we rarely have to go down the town now that the new butchers has opened.
    This only leads to an us and them mentality between the locals and the blowins, something the town doesn't need.
    liverbird wrote: »
    With the Port up the road in bremore I guess Balbriggan is on up. (In a good improved infrastructural and service way!)
    There is a long way to go before any port is built, thank God.

Advertisement