Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stock all over place - Currys Liffey Valley

Options
  • 21-04-2008 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭

For a lesson in how not to run a retail outlet, feel free to visit Currys @ Liffey Valley.

I was there three weeks ago and could not believe the state of the place. Stock and display units were all over the place - a real health and safety disaster! I complained to the manager and to them by email, but was ignored.

Never mind the fact that a lot of the stock also had no pricing information. Tut tut.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Allot can be blamed on customers having no control over their kids. I have seen little brats pulling stuff off shelves, opening boxes and their parents just sit back and watch them. The same can also be seen in supermarkets, a few weeks ago Easter eggs were on sale in Tesco with half the contents already eated :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Looking at the photos it looks like the stock is actually in the process of being moved to another gondola (stand for non-retail people) which explains a lot of the mess. That said it could be done a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Gillo wrote: »
    Looking at the photos it looks like the stock is actually in the process of being moved to another gondola (stand for non-retail people) which explains a lot of the mess. That said it could be done a lot better.

...probably true, but maybe it could have been done when the store was closed (there was nobody working on it for the 20 mins I was there). It would not have been as bad if those sections were closed off to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

if a staff member went over to clean up the stock, you'd have another customer complaining that there's no one to help them buy something.

You really can't win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Morgans

I think that is a nonsensical attitude.

You should have enough staff for both.

That is a ridiculous state for a shop. Management should be ashamed of themselves. If they cared.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Did you buy anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Nope - after seeing the place I decided that I would not buy from them. Imagine how good the after sales service would be?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

swingking wrote: »
    if a staff member went over to clean up the stock, you'd have another customer complaining that there's no one to help them buy something.

You really can't win

While i agree it looks like they are moving stock leaving it like that is stupid.

I was in the store about 5 weeks ago looking to buy a new TV.When i was there it was filthy, thick dust on all the TVs and shelves very few items actually priced.

I asked a member of staff for help on prices she said she was going on a break there was other people around but i couldnt be arsed to wait for them .

I have been in there twice this year and both times it was the same state .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

andyeire wrote: »
    I asked a member of staff for help on prices she said she was going on a break there was other people around but i couldnt be arsed to wait for them .

I think you're telling fibs here - I've been in Currys twice and never came across a staff member - not even one that was on the way to a break!! I don't think staff exist in Currys (or their sister shop PC World)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Thats a joke, hate to see what the backstore looks like and i'd be thinking twice if i was going to purchase a pc or laptop, by the looks of the pics they probably throw them round the place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

mcaul wrote: »
    I think you're telling fibs here - I've been in Currys twice and never came across a staff member - not even one that was on the way to a break!! I don't think staff exist in Currys (or their sister shop PC World)

On the contrary, they do have staff - just not of the helpful variety. I was looking at a samsung LCD in Currys and asked a passing staff member what the price was. He said he didn't know and kept on walking:eek:. I followed him to his desk and asked him if he could find out. After rolling his eyes and sighing he looked it up on his pc and told me the price. He then asked if I was interested in buying it. I said I was up to the point when I met him which is when I changed my mind. He then asked why did I bother getting him to check the price to which I replied........"Just showing you how to do your job" and then I left.

Currys and PC world staff are obnoxious - at least on the few occasions I've been in there. They either don't give a damn or try to sell you crap that you don't want. Both to be avoided at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

What I found about Currys was that no matter what you wanted to buy they didn't have it in stock and would try sell you some other brand they wanted rid of. PC World not a whole lot better. Many of the guys haven't a clue and again are pushing insurance on laptops and PCs. Probably what they are told to do by management.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Yes, staff are told to push insurance. It's a nice earner for them.

Any DSG shop I've been in have been quite bad with pricing being missing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I asked to hear a tv they had on display, to which I was informed that the feed is visual only. When I said I wanted to hear it or walk out, rabbit ears were pulled from somewhere for us to test the audio!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I remember being in both of these stores about 6 months ago and being appalled at the state of the place, and especially at the fact that none of the small items were priced, or had prices indicated on the shelf. Like some of the other posters I voted with my feet. And it sounds like the staff laziness extends beyond keeping the place presentable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

They're not really that bad ,I actually got a curry there once :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Pricing displays seem to be permanently dodgy in PC World. Then aagain the last time I bought something therre it scanned for 2/3 of the displayed price so I was happy (and they let me test it).

I would love to have the balls to spend an hour going up and down asking for the price of different items in order to see who would snap..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Both Currys and PC World are just useless. They never have the items ye want. The stuff they do have, they don't know the price of :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

woodies in carlow is usually fifty times worse than this! stock scattered around, stock not priced, stock in wrong places etc and it is not due to moving stock around as it is like this every day! but the staff when you manage to find someone are very helpful!

Advertisement