Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

censorship on the politics forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

jessop1 wrote: »
    FAO: PSI

thanks for your feedback, although, with respect, I cant say I agree with any of it. You seem to think Oscar is above reproach because he is senior and you feel he is well respected? surely noone is above the law.
    Agreed, including you.

May I ask what rule I was moderated on?. I dont believe there is a written rule in the charter saying only one thread is allowed on the lisbon treaty??

No, but there is a rule about derailing discussion by question moderation decisions in threads.

Your thread was moderated and you were warned about soapboxing and posting inaccuracies (re. corporate tax). There were two options for you. 1) Post in the thread "A discussion of the rules" 2) Contact a forum mod.

Instead you chose to take your issue into a current dicussion thread, ignored your previous warning and continued to debate the instructions on debate in a thread. This is against the rule, the rules which are written and pinned to the top of the forum for all to see.

Regardless of whether you were right or wrong, you broke the rules and if OB hadn't stepped in, I'd have banned you when I saw your posts. And for the record, I'm not even European and don't live in Europe.

Once, just once, I'd like to see a poster come here and complain about a rule AFTER they read about it and BEFORE they broke.

OB has to follow rules, so do you. You can't complain about him being above the law if you yourself don't follow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Have you read the Politics forum charter?

Yes I have read the charter. Why dont you stop beating around the bush and tell me what it is you're getting at.

Can you please answer my question - where should I re-post the video (along with my description of what is happening in the video and my view on the matter, inviting discussion - which was deleted by moriarty in the mega thread)
    thanks

PSI wrote: »
    Your thread was moderated and you were warned about soapboxing and posting inaccuracies (re. corporate tax).

What inaccuracies did I post? please show me, and outline your reasons for determining this as soapboxing
    PSI wrote: »
    There were two options for you. 1) Post in the thread "A discussion of the rules" 2) Contact a forum mod.

I went for option 3 - post a thread in the feedback section. Is this against the rules? if so can you direct me to the appropriate rule please?

Lastly, can you tell me where is the appropriate place to post/discuss the video showing the protest in the eu parliament please? as I've pointed out earlier, I am getting conflicting signals from the other two mods.

thank you

Ibid wrote: »
    WTF does the ECB have to do with providing education?

more to the point, WTF has any of that got to do with this thread??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Have you read the Politics forum charter?

Have you read the lisbon treaty; do that first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 agentorange

Oscar Bravo is always censoring that forum. Well he is government paid, so what do you expect.
    i fully agree with jessop and in fact myself and ALOT of others have fecked off to politics.ie because of the facist tactics of oscar bravO and his mate tristrame.

if ANYONE is in doubt just take a cursory glance of how often he jumps in to threads for no reason whatsover just to lord it over people . indeed he's closed threads , such as the tribunal one, on spurious grounds THREE TIMES !

the persons a clear example of "god complex"; and the quicker this is addressed the faster genuine debate can resume on the politics board. as it stands its way, WAY behind on P.ie.
    abusing your power is. many many people have been banned from politics under dubvious circumstances and no ones ever been called on it.

how come its always YOU doing the banning? theres other mods on politics and TBH i cant actually recall the last time any of them did the deed.

your pushing your political agenda and for a mod to abuse their powers to remove dissenting voices thats unacceptable.

I have to say I agree somewhat with the thrust of this argument. While I don’t know who it was who seems to have banned me from the Lisbon treaty discussion, I seem to have been banned for having the view that we should vote no if we don’t understand or know what the Lisbon treaty contains. A reasonable view and hardly revolutionary. Reading the thread, this view is not supported by some (including oscarbravo).
    If I thought there was any chance of some reasonable discussion, I might consider it. The US Election subforum contains a number of diverse posters with varying opinions on all the assorted candidates.

The Lisbon thread consists mostly of lies and distortions, mostly from the No camp, and rebuttals from one or two posters, notably Scofflaw. If there was a subforum it would consist entirely of threads like the one jessop1 started, where he isn't interested in a discussion on the facts, but simply wants to push an agenda.

It seems that we have to have a view that oscarbravo considers “reasonable”, and it seems if he doesn’t consider a viewpoint reasonable, he denies the holder of the view the ability to discuss further. Hardly the stance of someone who is suppose to moderate a forum, but more the hallmark of someone who seems to want to pursue his own agenda and suppress the views of those with whom he does not agree. Personally, I find his personal abuse, such as below, unacceptable, and I would not subscribe to any forum where he seems to abuse his power to bar those with views of which he does not approve.
    Honestly casey, haven't you found a new playground yet?
    I am saddened and disappointed that some of his decisions, which seem to be driven by his own agenda, reduce the politics forum to a pointless place where one is not allowed dissent from his views.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Can you please answer my question - where should I re-post the video (along with my description of what is happening in the video and my view on the matter, inviting discussion - which was deleted by moriarty in the mega thread)
    thanks

As I replied to you last night when you asked me the same question:

You can post on the lisbon treaty and our referendum on it in the lisbon treaty thread. The video is unrelated to either of those, so you won't be posting it on the politics forum again if you're going to angle it at somehow being related to the lisbon treaty.

This is a copy and paste of my response to your PM of a few minutes ago, just so that it doesn't miss you fourth time around.

Moriarty wrote: »
    You can post on the lisbon treaty and our referendum on it in the lisbon treaty thread.

I think I should be allowed to post new threads to discuss specific aspects of the treaty, thats what this complaint thread is about. I am still campaiging for the ridiculous "one thread for lisbon" rule to be overturned.
    The video is unrelated to either of those,

Whoa! I can understand your argument that the protest is not related to the irish referendum, although its my view and Im sure many others' view that irish voters should be aware of this and take it into account in their consideration of the treaty, its background, the motives and modus operandi of its creators and what it entails. (I wont post that opinion on the lisbon thread as I've no doubt you would ban me for it)

But - to say that a protest about the treaty is not related to the treaty, ?? :confused::eek:
    so you won't be posting it on the politics forum again if you're going to angle it at somehow being related to the lisbon treaty.

I am not allowed to post about an EU parliamentary protest about THE LISBON TREATY if I am "going to angle it at somehow being related to THE LISBON TREATY"

This makes no sense whatsoever moriarity. none.

Anyone else think this sounds utterly bizarre??

this is outright censorship, for ridiculous senseless reasons! I hope someone with the power to intervene here will do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WTF does the ECB have to do with providing education?

Grants and Subsidies. How many people do you think would be in college right now if not for EU and Irish funded Grants and subsidies? As it is thats the very reason I only have to pay a registration fee each year: my actual tuition fees are paid by the state as helped in part by the ECB. Its made me the intelligent American I am today*.
    Jessop1 wrote:
    A certain amount of unrelated discussion has taken place on this thread, I'd appreciate if that could be deleted mods.

No.

Feedback is widely unmoderated on principle. You would have realised this if you had read the charter ;)
    I think I should be allowed to post new threads to discuss specific aspects of the treaty, thats what this complaint thread is about. I am still campaiging for the ridiculous "one thread for lisbon" rule to be overturned.

It wasn't a new aspect: it was just introducing a new article of media information. It hardly merited its own branch off. Different Aspects are things like Government and Economy Impact of the Lisbon Treaty. Not Bertie had Tea with your lad and something else happened today. Maybe if you wanted to start a thread asking for everyone's opinion on how much truth are we being told about the treaty... but you didnt. And started swearing by your information as if it was decreed by Lord Xenu himself. And ranting along with your opinion as if it was fact (which is again, right or wrong as it may be at any time, against the Politics charter).
    this is outright censorship

No, FOX is outright censorhip. this is boards.

*cue rebuttals

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Overheal wrote: »
    Grants and Subsidies. How many people do you think would be in college right now if not for EU and Irish funded Grants and subsidies?

Eh... the ECB =! EU

• Advertisement

nesf wrote: »
    Eh... the ECB =! EU

apologies but the principle behind the original point is still somewhat valid. Edited to reflect. Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy.

Thanks for pointing out the discrepancy.

No problem, I imagine that was what was getting to Ibid. They're rather different entities.

Overheal, seeing as you are now offering opinions on the actual subject of the thread, - should this video (showing a large number of mep's protesting in the european parliament for refereda on the lisbon treaty) be allowed to be discussed on the politics forum?

If so, what restrictions, if any, do you think should be placed on the discussion of the video and why.

Thanks
    Jessop

Feedback is widely unmoderated on principle.

and it clear that you are abusing that principle by deliberately derailing this thread with ongoing completely unrelated discussion.

this video (showing a large number of mep's protesting in the european parliament for refereda on the lisbon treaty) be allowed to be discussed on the politics forum?

If so, what restrictions, if any, do you think should be placed on the discussion of the video and why.

Thanks
    Jessop

You shouldn't try and turn this thread into a discussion on the Lisbon Treaty. Your views are not censored, you are merely asked to use the one big thread already in place to express them. You're making a mountain out of a molehill here. Your soapbox was taken away just like the other side's soapboxes are taken away by this rule being in place. It's fair and stops the forum turning into a battle of who can create the most pro or anti threads etc. If this rule only applied to the anti-Treaty side you'd have a point, but it doesn't so get over it.

Overheal, seeing as you are now offering opinions on the actual subject of the thread,

Woa woa woa... Lets not use crazy terms like Opinions or anything! I just preach the facts...

:D
    - should this video (showing a large number of mep's protesting in the european parliament for refereda on the lisbon treaty) be allowed to be discussed on the politics forum?

Thanks
    Jessop

Well first and foremost, it says a lot about the video youre buffering when the Next Most Relevant youtube video is GIANT SPIDER ATTACKS SPACE SHUTTLE.

Beyond that I think the only thing the video shows is a lot of protestors inside the EU Parliament building screaming for Referendum. None of the information scrolling across the screen can really be verified. Grand, it links you to http://x09.eu where you can sign a petition. However even that is not Relevant to Ireland: you are already holding a referendum. I say 'you' because I have no vote in this matter whatsoever. Hence there is no reason to even soap-box a link to x09 because as an Irish citizen on an Irish website that is completely useless.

The video ultimately seems like a shakey piece of evidence. Note my double meaning of Shakey. It cant really be verified how many or which MEPs were involved in the protest. Hence the only purpose the video serves is as a visual aid.

It still needs to be backed up by lots and lots of references: such as a list of which MEPs were involved in the protest; the transcript (if it were available) of that meeting of EU Parliament; and naturally the body of the Lisbon Treaty itself.

Its just quite difficult to base a whole thread on the strength of that one video. At best it can only be submitted as a video aid with the disclaimer that it represents Anti-Treaty viewpoints.

The only thing that really needs to be said about this video is: some people seem quite vocal about speaking out against the Lisbon Treaty. That is all. After that we have to move on to other source information.
    Jessop1 wrote:
    and it clear that you are abusing that principle by deliberately derailing this thread with ongoing completely unrelated discussion.

Wow. You've clearly never met Snyper.

Also:

monorail-cat-is-offline.jpg

As nesF says you're making something out of nothing. And again from me if the Mega-Thread is going to Jenga on everyone then maybe it should be split up by aspect (eg. Economy/Social impacts; The Status of the Referendum (and Petitions in other EU states); etc.) but if the discussion does seem to be flying along on the back of a Monorail cat then there may not be a reason to bring a second thread into it. Not having read through the thread I would have no idea if that were true or not.

You shouldn't try and turn this thread into a discussion on the Lisbon Treaty.
    but its ok for you to turn it into a discussion on ecb/eu? I suppose nothing should shock me anymore..
    Your views are not censored,

Can you give your view then on where the video should be allowed be discussed and what if any restrictions should be placed on the discussion.
    you are merely asked to use the one big thread already in place to express them.

Do you think it makes sense for the american elections to have a forum with as many threads as anyone likes while the eu treaty should be rigorously restricted to just one thread?
    Your soapbox was taken away
    all these accusations of soapboxing and yet noone can explain or show how I was soapboxing.
    just like the other side's soapboxes are taken away by this rule being in place.
    Kind of unbalanced when the other side have outright control of the forum
    It's fair

I disagree

Woa woa woa... Lets not use crazy terms like Opinions or anything! I just preach the facts...

:D

yawn.
    Well first and foremost, it says a lot about the video youre buffering when the Next Most Relevant youtube video is GIANT SPIDER ATTACKS SPACE SHUTTLE.

ho ho ho, attack the messenger, scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    Beyond that I think the only thing the video shows is a lot of protestors inside the EU Parliament building screaming for Referendum.

the "protesters" included many elected meps and it was in the actual eu parliament chamber itself - as opposed to just the building. You wouldnt be trying to downplay the significane of such a protest would you?
    Its just quite difficult to base a whole thread on the strength of that one video. At best it can only be submitted as a video aid with the disclaimer that it represents Anti-Treaty viewpoints.

The only thing that really needs to be said about this video is: some people seem quite vocal about speaking out against the Lisbon Treaty. That is all. After that we have to move on to other source information.

Does this mean you would or wouldnt allow others to discuss their opinions on the video in the politics forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ocd

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

ho ho ho, attack the messenger, scraping the bottom of the barrel.
    coming from someone who let out a rant at me and then closed the thread before I could respond, I find your hypocrisy breathtaking.

So oscar's previous actions are citable but providers of videos' histories are irrelevant?

Right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Can you give your view then on where the video should be allowed be discussed and what if any restrictions should be placed on the discussion.
    Theres already a piece in the charter disallowing you tube links or videos from being posted.
    I thought you said you had read the charter? Did you miss that bit.
    It's there.
    Do you think it makes sense for the american elections to have a forum with as many threads as anyone likes while the eu treaty should be rigorously restricted to just one thread?
    It's all to do with the ease of moderating in my opinion.(I speak as a former politics mod)
    Moderators mod in their own spare time voluntarally.
    It seems to me most mods have been of the view that those discussing the U.S elections had demonstrated how easy it is to mod their discussions ie they have been far less contentious and much more free flowing than the Treaty discussions.They probably contain much fewer reported posts which would be an interesting statistic given that they are a whole forum.
    all these accusations of soapboxing and yet noone can explain or show how I was soapboxing.
    Preaching as opposed to debunking and a lack of disposition towards being debunked was usually the definition when I was mod.
    I would think the current mods are of that view now towards your postings on the matter.
    I can categorically tell you that the mods of the forum in my time anyway and I am pretty certain the current mods aswell don't usually reach uniform decisions without internal debate.
    So I would respectfully suggest that you work with what you have at the moment but by all means continue to aggitate calmly for a sub forum.
    One might come but please try to prove that it won't be more work than it's worth.
    Thats just a perception you have built up in yourself tbh.
    Try to look at it more objectively.You cannot expect a mod to see a post as just a post and ignore it's faults as they see them.
    People will disagree with you but really shouldn't that just either do two things? one: make you strive to present your arguments better than theirs or Two : just plain agree with them.

At best it can only be submitted as a video aid with the disclaimer that it represents Anti-Treaty viewpoints.

1 - why should there be a disclaimer on something that represents anti (or pro for that matter) treaty viewpoints??

2 - They are protesting for a referendum. Explain how that is anti treaty.

Yes, because the people of this site have no real stake in the American election since we are mostly Irish and because of this we don't have a vote and again following this the issue is less polarised and polemic because of this. The Lisbon Treaty on the other hand is polarised to a crazy degree because a) we've a vote on it, b) there isn't any major party backing the "No" side and c) Ireland has become the focus of EU wide disquiet with the Treaty itself and money, political capital and people are flowing into the country to support both sides.

Because of how polarised this issue is and the vehemence of both sides, it makes a degree of sense to have one single mega thread where the bulk of the soapboxing can be done and leave the rest of the forum alone. This isn't a black and white issue and is more a subjective matter on how a forum should be run, the use of a mega thread for a topic like this is fairly typical of the general style of this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm not censoring you.

I'm telling you simply that if you breach the rules in place, you'll be banned outright from the forum. At this stage it would be a deliberate rule breach and as such it won't be a short ban.

You're more than welcome to discuss the forum rules themselves, we welcome and invite it in the right place with the right attitude.

Theres already a piece in the charter disallowing you tube links or videos from being posted.
    I thought you said you had read the charter? Did you miss that bit.
    It's there.
    from the guidelines for posting :

"It's OK to link to a video........"
    So I would respectfully suggest that you work with what you have at the moment
    what do I have?

I want to discuss this protest from a political perspective and am not allowed to do so in the politics forum. whats unreasonable about that?
    but by all means continue to aggitate calmly for a sub forum.
    I'm happy enough just to be allowed post a new thread.
    Thats just a perception you have built up in yourself tbh.
    I take some of this point onboard actually. Oscar is the only one of the mods who I know to be vehemently pro treaty and I believe that his views on the treaty are significantly influencing his moderation decisions so I stand by that. But the others may or may not be of the same bent, I dont know for sure, so I retract implying that its "all of them"

So oscar's previous actions are citable but providers of videos' histories are irrelevant?

Right.

Yes. Anyone can anonymously post a video on the internet. It doesnt change the fact that the protest happened. sheesh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

1 - why should there be a disclaimer on something that represents anti (or pro for that matter) treaty viewpoints??

2 - They are protesting for a referendum. Explain how that is anti treaty.

We went through the exact same conversation last night jessop1, so I'll just quote the posts from last night to save us both some typing eh?

(all quotes below are from posts made last night which have since been deleted from the lisbon treaty thread for being off topic)
    This truly does deserve a thread of its own, and I hope to be able to do that soon.. but for now....

Protest in EU Parliament over lisbon treaty

As the vid says, you wont see this on tv.

4 minute vid.
    Forgetting about the cheesy music and the parts of the onscreen narrative that are in dispute and under discussion, the key thing here is that on 12/12/07, a large number of MEPs protested in the parliament causing a rucus, in the video they are holding large referendum banners which are being confiscated from them, the camera is eventually forced down...mad.
    MEPs breaking parliament rules is related to the text of the lisbon treaty... how exactly?
    large numbers of MEPs protesting in the parliament for referenda is highly indicative of the uncertainty around the treaty and highly relevant to the discussion on the treaty. Obvious I would have thought.

Edit: But can you clarify - is this thread just for the discussion of the text of the treaty? If so can you advise where should I post the video?
    That's an issue between the MEPs and their own governments, not an issue regarding the lisbon treaty itself.

I'd argue that governments not being amenable to referendums of their own has far less to do with what's actually in the lisbon treaty as opposed to what people now think is in the treaty due to the amount of negative press around it for the past few years. In any case, other countries democratic procedures are not at issue here - our decision on the lisbon treaty is. Lets get back on topic, yes?
    Scofflaw wrote: »
    Hardly, since the EU Parliament doesn't have any say in whether countries get a referendum or not. That's a matter entirely for the individual countries. I'm afraid what you have there is a video of a stunt by Eurosceptic MEPs attempting to convince people that it's the EU who determine how member states ratify EU treaties - one of a pair with the infamous "de Rossa amendment".

Pretty childish, really, but I suppose there will always be an audience for that kind of thing.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    fair enough. So to repeat and elucidate my question: where do I post this video if I want to discuss it from a political perspective, in relation to the lisbon treaty and our referendum on it?
    Yes all those protesting elected representatives are childish. You're not.

Sorry, you cant easily sweep this under the carpet.
    I don't think I said they were - I said it was a childish stunt, which it is. It's unrelated to the Lisbon Treaty because the EP has no influence on whether there are referendums on the Treaty.

If you know different, say so. Otherwise, you might as well face the fact that the elected representatives in question were demonstrating in a forum that has no influence over the claimed subject matter of their protest. That makes it (a) childish, and (b) unrelated to Lisbon.

cordially,
    Scofflaw
    You can post on the lisbon treaty and our referendum on it right here. The video is unrelated to either of those, so you won't be posting it here again.
    let me get this straight - a protest for a referenda across europe on the lisbon treaty is not related to the lisbon treaty?

Anyone else think that sounds a bit mad? :confused::rolleyes:

If its not related because its in the parliament, which doesnt have the power to determine referendum requirements, where would they be able to have the protest about the treaty that it would be actually be related to the treaty then?

Or are you saying that any and all protests about the treaty are not related to the treaty?
    Hey look, you got it in one. Most specifically, a protest by MEPs in the european parliament has about as much to do with the debate on the lisbon treaty in Ireland as the price of ice in Russia.

I get that you're wanting to throw as much mud as you can at EU institutions so that some of it will stick in people's mind when they read through the thread, but since these posts will be deleted due to their being off-topic within the next hour that won't be happening.

They should have their protests in their national parliaments where the decision was made on whether to have a referendum or not. The EU had no power over how each state ratified the treaty, it was purely down to the laws in each state along with the decisions of their governments.
    more censorship :eek:
    When held somewhere that has no power over whether there are referendums? I'm afraid so - it becomes a deliberate attempt to confuse the debate.

Quite possibly. That doesn't change the facts of the matter, though.

Well, in the case of the UK MEPs, in the House of Commons. In the case of Kathy Sinnott, the appropriate place would have been the Dáil, assuming we weren't having a referendum. Funnily enough, we are, because the question of whether we do or not is up to the Irish government, not the EP...which takes me back to point 1.

They're not relevant to the debate. We get to vote on the Treaty - therefore we should discuss the Treaty. Publicity-seeking events that surround that debate, but contribute nothing substantive to it, are a deliberate distraction away from the facts, whether they're done by the No side or the Yes side. That is their intention, and repeating them all over the place simply plays into the hands of those who prefer to substitute politics for facts.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Yes, because the people of this site have no real stake in the American election since we are mostly Irish and because of this we don't have a vote and again following this the issue is less polarised and polemic because of this. The Lisbon Treaty on the other hand is polarised to a crazy degree because a) we've a vote on it, b) there isn't any major party backing the "No" side and c) Ireland has become the focus of EU wide disquiet with the Treaty itself and money, political capital and people are flowing into the country to support both sides.

Because of how polarised this issue is and the vehemence of both sides, it makes a degree of sense to have one single mega thread where the bulk of the soapboxing can be done and leave the rest of the forum alone. This isn't a black and white issue and is more a subjective matter on how a forum should be run, the use of a mega thread for a topic like this is fairly typical of the general style of this site.

bizarre reasoning. The american election is less relevant so give it more bandwith than something more relevant? Leave the rest of the forum alone? wouldnt a sub forum be a good way of doing that? And I thought you were against soapboxing....

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I have to say I agree somewhat with the thrust of this argument.
    I'll bet you do, seeing as you are one of the primary reasons we're having to moderate the topic so diligently. By the way, since you haven't the cop on to keep your head down, I'll be making a point of asking to have your original account, and any subsequent resurrections, permanently sitebanned.
    While I don’t know who it was who seems to have banned me from the Lisbon treaty discussion, I seem to have been banned for having the view that we should vote no if we don’t understand or know what the Lisbon treaty contains.
    You were banned for soapboxing and refusing to participate in any meaningful way in the discussion, breeding a veritable clone army of straw men, and ignoring moderator instructions. Then you were banned again for contravening the sitewide rule on re-registering to evade a ban.
    It seems that we have to have a view that oscarbravo considers “reasonable”, and it seems if he doesn’t consider a viewpoint reasonable, he denies the holder of the view the ability to discuss further. Hardly the stance of someone who is suppose to moderate a forum, but more the hallmark of someone who seems to want to pursue his own agenda and suppress the views of those with whom he does not agree.
    This is the point in the discussion where I point out that (a) I haven't strongly expressed a viewpoint in the thread, and (b) there are plenty of people posting views I disagree with who haven't been banned.

But that would presuppose that you're interested in a discussion rather than a soapbox, which you've repeatedly demonstrated isn't the case.
    Personally, I find his personal abuse, such as below, unacceptable, and I would not subscribe to any forum where he seems to abuse his power to bar those with views of which he does not approve. I am saddened and disappointed that some of his decisions, which seem to be driven by his own agenda, reduce the politics forum to a pointless place where one is not allowed dissent from his views.
    My heart bleeds for you, truly it does.
    This is not the first time you've accused me of taking a side in the debate, and moderating on that basis. I'm deeply offended at the suggestion, as I take a great deal of pride in not allowing my personal views to influence my moderation.

In the very first post on this thread, you accused me of stating my political views. What were those views?

• Advertisement

PSI, you still havent provided any evidence whatsoever to back up your claims that I posted innacuracies and was soapboxing. Nothing.

Nor have you answered my question about where is the appropriate place to discuss the protest video and what if any restrictions shoule be placed on the debate.

all you've done is warn me not to break rules.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement