Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

censorship on the politics forum

Options
123457»

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

iamhunted wrote: »
    no, no - you told me to read the lisbon thread. thats not "here are the links"
    Oh, I'm sorry. Here are the links.
    Very funny considering Ive never denied ever being banned before. You sure you're reading the right post there mr bravo?
    Pretty sure, yes:
    ...im banned from the forum so I cant anyway. banned for having an opinion that differed I may add.
    ...I got banned another zillion times but never it seems for anything other than ducking a previous ban...
    So, which is it? Were you banned for your opinions or banned for re-registering to evade a ban?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

oh man i really wish my world was as simplified as yours seems to be. let me help you out here.
    So, which is it? Were you banned for your opinions or banned for re-registering to evade a ban?

Banned because I shared the IP address with someone who pissed a mod off. Banned afterwards for having an opinion (damn those shinners, they're all the same shure arent they) and then eventually banned as I had re-registered. All based on a bad banning decision in the first place - not that I really *need* to explain such simple things to a god such as yourself there.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Banned because I shared the IP address with someone who pissed a mod off.
    Who was that?
    Banned afterwards for having an opinion (damn those shinners, they're all the same shure arent they)
    Yup, all the same. Which is why everyone who has ever expressed support for Sinn Féin is permanently banned from Politics. Right?
    and then eventually banned as I had re-registered.
    Which you knew was contrary to a site-wide policy, but did anyway.
    All based on a bad banning decision in the first place - not that I really *need* to explain such simple things to a god such as yourself there.
    So, help me out. Who was the user who got banned and caused all your subsequent problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Err Tonto ordinary mods can't see IP addresses. We do request that admins check suspect ones out and if other factors indicate that there is something amiss then we take a decision.

What was your former username?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

gandalf wrote: »
    Err Tonto ordinary mods can't see IP addresses. We do request that admins check suspect ones out and if other factors indicate that there is something amiss then we take a decision.

Have a look at the first few posts in this thread for the back ground on who "i am hunted actually" is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

What forum is that thread in?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Who was that? Yup, all the same. Which is why everyone who has ever expressed support for Sinn Féin is permanently banned from Politics. Right? Which you knew was contrary to a site-wide policy, but did anyway. So, help me out. Who was the user who got banned and caused all your subsequent problems?

with all respect, I didnt get any help at the time so its a bit late in the day. You should do a poll and see how many shinners were banned from politics - hang on - you cant as they cant reply.
    Have a look at the first few posts in this thread for the back ground on who "i am hunted actually" is.

looks like i chose the username 'iamhunted' well.

which one? I cant remember half of them.

rockclimber, youve only to go to the paranormal forum and Im sure you'll find out info on iamhunted. dont know about "i am hunted actually" is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

rockclimber, youve only to go to the paranormal forum and Im sure you'll find out info on iamhunted. dont know about "i am hunted actually" is though.
    You were banned on politics by one of my then co mods for a rule violation.
    You then went on a sign up spree re posting what you were banned for.

You are actually a site banned user several times over who has flown under the radar with your current user name apart from being banned in politics obviously with it.
    I would suggest that you retreat and carry on flying under the radar.
    sabotage wrote:
    What forum is that thread in?

6th , that would be the politics mod forum accessable to admins,existing and former mods of politics only.I posted it here for Gandalf's attention only and the current politics mods aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

Internet Politics. Serious Business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

The irony of banning me from posting a topic and then accusing me of not wanting to discuss it seems to be lost on some here.
    You're waiting for answers, and I'm a liar?

You're a funny fecker, I'll give you that. Twelve out of ten for having a neck like a jockey's bollox.

....There's a perception of bias, because one muppet has claimed I'm biased

Your descent to insults and vulgarity says a lot… but nothing I didn’t already know.
    ...but the allegators (see what I did there?) seem a lot less interested in actually providing any evidence to back up their claims.

…They want to make claims, but they don't want to discuss them or back them up. That's what we are describing as soapboxing (there's your definition for you, jessop1) and we consider it an abuse of the forum."

Thanks for the definition. And yet you have repeatedly ignored my requests to back up the soapboxing claims with evidence...therefore by your own definition it is you who is soapboxing. hoisted by your own petard methinks.
    He wants to post his little video, and he doesn't want to have a conversation about it"

I've stated repeatedly on this thread I want to have a conversation about it. But you have repeatedly refused to tell me where it can be discussed. The message so far has been “not in the politics forum” but no reason why.
    ...but I asked jessop1 a simple question: where did I state my political views?
    He resorted to arm-waving and bluster, because he knew I'd caught him out in a bare-faced lie"

Your one-line blanket dismissal of swathes of information in my sig link was “stating your political views” on information (the political ramifications of the treaty) that is being politically debated all over the country. Said blanket dismissal is also the reason why I think you are biased. I believe there are other examples in the history of the mega thread but I wont bother wasting any more time on that. I'm clearly not the only one who thinks you are baised.
    As for the original complaint in this thread, I wouldn't have allowed anyone to start a new thread on the topic with a video link.

According to the guidelines you wrote yourself, videos are allowed as long as they are described and discussion is invited. I met all that criteria when I originally posted it in the mega thread. My posts were subsequently deleted.

Gandalf wrote: »
    As regards the Lisbon Treaty I have made my mind up how I am voting. I will be voting no, but not because of the rubbish that jessop01 and others have posted on the politics forum.

What rubbish? All I posted in politics was:
    a) A leaked memo newspaper report and my opinion that it reflects disrepect of the political elite towards the populace
    b) the video and description of it (and the implicit invite to discussion on it)

That’s all I’ve posted in politics! We could have discussed why you think they are rubbish only the first was closed and the second deleted before they could get off the ground!

Anyhoo, I’m done posting on this thread, it has become way too unwieldy and people are talking at cross-purposes all over the place. (sound familiar?)

To re-cap on my original reasons for this thread,

1) Complaint that only one thread could be posted on the Lisbon treaty
    2) Complaint that the eu parliament protest video is banned for no good reason.

I have started this new thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55760287#post55760287 to follow up on the video, because the message has gotten lost in the rest of the noise on this thread. I hope I can get an answer this time.

duty_calls.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

6th , that would be the politics mod forum accessable to admins,existing and former mods of politics only.I posted it here for Gandalf's attention only and the current politics mods aswell.

Christ should I have even bothered changing my name? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

duty_calls.png

dont let me keep you so. quick hurry she or he might still be awake.

kbyethx

jessop1 wrote: »
    Anyhoo, I’m done posting on this thread, it has become way too unwieldy and people are talking at cross-purposes all over the place. (sound familiar?)

So you lie as well as talking crap ;)

Night Night OCD :)

So you lie as well as talking crap ;)

Night Night OCD :)

Night!

Leave my Super Quninn alone.

Controbiofuelvehicle.

D check!!!!

Simplicity wrote: »
    D check!!!!

Yep!!

We capitalise the Y!

/sleeps

Simplicity wrote: »
    Yep!!

We capitalise the Y!

/sleeps

Your talking to yourself.... go to bed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

And yet, that's at odds with the legal advice sought and received by the Politics mods.

"But, yeronner, some randomer on the Internet said it wasn't illegal..."

What legal advice is that OB, I'd be very interested in seeing it, because if its the reply you got from the legal froum mod I have a PM from him which would show he didn't give legal advice on the opinion I posted about Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

You were demodded.Clearly it was a big deal.
    Without permission you leaked details of a private discussion on mod aswell as of course discussing moderation in a thread on politics when thats also disallowed.
    I was never told it wasn't allowed and the rules of the mod froum never stated it wasn't allowed.
    Thats a lie.

Nope its not and I'd love to see you prove I lied, and btw I still have the PM's which the admin sent in relation to that topic. Go on show I lied??? You see I said a certain politician lied and provided proof and it wasn't allowed and the Fair comment defence of Defamation covered what I said. However you saying I lied is not backed up by any proof and fair comment doesn't cover you deframing me????
    probably 90% or more of the voting public shared my view as opposed to your Sinn Féin party line on some of the the issues we may have disagreed on.
    Your disdain for the other 90% isn't untypical of many followers of that party though.

I don't follow that party and 90% of posters in the forum certainly didn't disagree and if you want use facts 40% believe what I said about Bertie is true??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Villain wrote: »
    You see I said a certain politician lied and provided proof and it wasn't allowed and the Fair comment defence of Defamation covered what I said. However you saying I lied is not backed up by any proof and fair comment doesn't cover you deframing me????

How can someone defame your username exactly?

You're some clown Irish1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Villain wrote: »
    I was never told it wasn't allowed and the rules of the mod froum never stated it wasn't allowed.
    The only reason rules have to be defined is because a significant minority of people can't use their own cop on when deciding what the right thing to do is.

Luckily here on boards.ie, the "It's not in the rules, so it's not wrong" doesn't fly. If you do something dumb, you're likely to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Closed

Villian if I come across you again complaining about the politics forum, I will remove you from the site entirely, you have been unfairly complaining about that forum for years and to be honest I am sick of it, its the same story over and over again and you twist this around to suggest you have been defamed in some way is just the final straw.

If anyone else feels that the politics forum is censored and cannot accept that it is heavily moderated for a reason and has "always" be heavily moderated, please feel free not to use that particular forum.

There is no conspiracy, the forum is heavily moderated and it is moderated based on our experiences of many discussions going off the rails.

Vex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement