Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modifying a celica

Options
  • 21-04-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

I've recently bought a 2000 Toyota Celica, first proper car and after shelling out a small fortune in insurance I've now decided I want to put a few quid into it to modify it. Everything on it is standard apart from the 17" Wolfrace the previous owner put on.

First thing I want to do is to put the TRD spoiler on it, problem being I can't find one for sale here anywhere, theres plenty of celicas for sale with them on it but can only buy from the states, I'd rather buy from a local outlet where i have some comeback. Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

order through you garage or known out-let , personally i would put more money into making the car better performance wise then looks also theres a modding section of the motors forum...

isnt there an irish toyota club ? they'd be a safe bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

Went down to murphy and Gunn on tallaght by pass to look for one, guy behind the desk couldnt have been bothered, he showed me two that he can get, both were the smaller ones and not the TRD one I was after.

The spoiler is mainly the only thing I definitely want on the exterior although I wouldnt mind a HID kit aswell.

Performance wise I haven't really thought about. I'm only 17 and juice is costing me 60 quid a week, just as well I'm working. If I was to start tweaking the engine, what would you reckon do first?

Must look into the toyota club, if anyone has a link let me know

If a mod feels like moving it to the appropriate forum please feel free, I kinda just jumped on this one to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

OP, you may have more luck/quicker response here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

try get the original alloys back in, wolfrace are horrible

Yeah don't fancy the wolfrace to be honest, Like I said they were on it when I got it so may aswell leave them til I find a nicer set. Did see a silver one same as my own this morning, with black alloys, did look well to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

fallon54 wrote: »
    Performance wise I haven't really thought about. I'm only 17 and juice is costing me 60 quid a week, just as well I'm working. If I was to start tweaking the engine, what would you reckon do first?

That's not that bad for a 17 year old in a Celica - I'm sure a few of us were paying a lot more when we were in our twenties, and in a much less powerful car too.

Performance mods could affect your premium though, so check that out first.

One other thing, wheres the best place in Dublin to get spoilers and lips sprayed and fitted?

Advertisement