Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so

Options
  • 21-04-2008 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

i've decided, i'm definetly gonna get my tongue pierced next time i have some spare money :D
    althoughh, i am terribly nervous about the whole thing /:

anyone care to send some encouraging words my way? ;D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

may the force be with you:p

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭suzaane

why thank you :D
    if anyone has theirs done please feel free to share your stories, only good ones though :P
    i don't wanna be scared off haha D:

suzaane wrote: »
    why thank you :D
    if anyone has theirs done please feel free to share your stories, only good ones though :P
    i don't wanna be scared off haha D:
    no need to be scared as i mine done about 7 years ago imo just the same as my eyebrow with the piercer saying " ok mate!" and Id say "yeah" then suddently "oh! felt that!" as he didnt even say here it goes!.Nah you be alright its over before you even know it!I drank a load of slush puppies(green) to numb me tongue.Worked wonders as me mouth was all green!plus red!

davey180 wrote: »
    no need to be scared as i mine done about 7 years ago imo just the same as my eyebrow with the piercer saying " ok mate!" and Id say "yeah" then suddently "oh! felt that!" as he didnt even say here it goes!.Nah you be alright its over before you even know it!I drank a load of slush puppies(green) to numb me tongue.Worked wonders as me mouth was all green!plus red!

ooh slushees :D
    haha, ah im sure it'll be grand :] thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Slushies are not a good idea... things with loads of sugar like that should be avoided.

Went in with my gf's sister a couple of weeks ago when she was getting her tongue pierced, and the worst part of it was she'd built it up in her head like it was gonna be really sore, when it was only a pinch and then it was all done! :)

• Advertisement

Slushies are not a good idea... things with loads of sugar like that should be avoided.

Went in with my gf's sister a couple of weeks ago when she was getting her tongue pierced, and the worst part of it was she'd built it up in her head like it was gonna be really sore, when it was only a pinch and then it was all done! :)

hah damn :p
    just ice then? (:
    yeahh i have it built up! i keep trying to tell myself its only gonna be a pinch cause i know its gonna be but still :D
    i think it's alot of excitment mixed in there with nerves too ;)

i had no problem as for slushies there is suger free ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Hey Suzaane - U've put the idea of tongue piercing in my head now! Is it more of a chick thing tho'???

snollup wrote: »
    Hey Suzaane - U've put the idea of tongue piercing in my head now! Is it more of a chick thing tho'???

well my friend, who's a guy is gonna get it done at the same time with me :)
    so nahh, not really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

cool - anyone rec a place to get it done in dub?

• Advertisement

there's a sticky about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Don't get it done, everyone knows that if you have your tongue pierced it turns you gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

suzaane wrote: »
    hah damn :p
    just ice then? (:
    Smash up some ice cubes, and put them into a glass of water, basically making yourself a kind of just-water slushie...
    The sugary stuff isn't good, as it can crystalize on the jewellery, forming a coating on it, and you don't want that when you're healing.
    Don't get it done, everyone knows that if you have your tongue pierced it turns you gay.
    Depends, if it's pierced slightly to the right it just might ;)

alrighty :)
    thankyooou!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Mine hurt less than when you bite your tongue...

Gauge wrote: »
    Mine hurt less than when you bite your tongue...

that's what everyone keeps saying to me haha,oohh i'm excited now ^__^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

snollup wrote: »
    men with tongue piercings are HAWT!

as for advice on the whole thing, no dairy, no sugar, no smoking, no alcohol, no spicey food, no over hot food, so hard to chew food for at least a week, two weeks is recommened though, mines done over a year n I'm still havin issues with chewing gum! :p

It doesn't hurt to get done, do go to somewhere reliable, do follow the instructions of the piercer, do not go somewhere because they are cheap, do not try to get it done if you are underage.

Other than that go for it and enjoy it, most worthwhile piercing ever! :D

Le Rack wrote: »
    men with tongue piercings are HAWT!

as for advice on the whole thing, no dairy, no sugar, no smoking, no alcohol, no spicey food, no over hot food, so hard to chew food for at least a week, two weeks is recommened though, mines done over a year n I'm still havin issues with chewing gum! :p

It doesn't hurt to get done, do go to somewhere reliable, do follow the instructions of the piercer, do not go somewhere because they are cheap, do not try to get it done if you are underage.

Other than that go for it and enjoy it, most worthwhile piercing ever! :D
    thats why i got rid of my tongue threaded barbell as me chewing gum was alway giving me trouble,took off the threaded ball so i was able to roll it around and one day forgot i had ball in me mouth and swallowed the gum with the ball:eek:
    it happend too many times so i gave up on it!:cool:

Advertisement