Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

white plaster cracking

Options
  • 21-04-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi ALL
    Am in the process of building a house and it was suggested to get the plasterer to use white sand and white cement as the finish coat on the exterior of the house as i wouldnt need to paint it for 10 years.He did it and it looked good however now 2 months later cracks have appeared and its begining to flake off has anyone seen this happen before is it likely to be the plasterer fault?
    Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

Sorry to hear of your plight, we used the exact same plaster and after 13/14 months its still fine. At the time I was informed that it could be problamatic, that I could get a hairline crackling effect when it fully dried out, but when I said this to the plasterer ( an Old Timer), he said not to worry as the lime would sort that out. To date no problem.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 varianinc1

i am glad yours is fine we had a different guy to plaster the chimneys and it has been fine cant remember if they used lime

Advertisement