Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do non-believers concern themselves with religion?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭LaVidaLoca

BUt it's pretty dumb to ask why one would be angry about something so important as whether or not the beleif system our society has been run by for the past 2000 odd years is true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Meow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Mmmmm-hmmmmmm. But you can choose not to let such topics give you a stomach ulcer as well.

Stomach ulcers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Substitute "stress" for stomach ulcer.;)

Like, why get stressed out and angry about discussing religion and atheism?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

I agree. Time for me to ease off on the debates with atheists! I'll stick to defending my faith. We've all wasted a lot of time going round in circles debating the same things over and over, trying to square the circle.

• Advertisement

Oh right ... [aside - stomach ulcers aren't actually caused by stress]

Well ideally I don't think anyone should get stressed out over anything, war, disease, religion, politics, sport etc.

But as I said people don't tend to choose what they get stressed out about. I don't think anyone chooses to get stressed, or angry.

kelly1 wrote: »
    I agree. Time for me to ease off on the debates with atheists! I'll stick to defending my faith. We've all wasted a lot of time going round in circles debating the same things over and over, trying to square the circle.

Well things went down hill quickly when you started talking about immoral clothing choices of women and snowballing in discos as a sign of crumbling society ... I think you risk falling into the cliché of the sexually repressed religious fundamental.

Advertisement