Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intertoto 2008 (EL and PL and SPL)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They should be too strong for the Welsh side anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Bohs

bohs v Rhyl - 1st round

2nd round v Iceland / Latvians

3rd round v Scotland(HIBS ?) / Sweden / Faroes

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/intertotocup/news/kind=1/newsid=686088.html

English reps (city or villa) will play Norn Iron / Finland / Denmark

kdjac

Have a scottish team applied for it this year? Its about time if you ask me, it surely has to be more valuable than your average Pre season friendly?
    Was it aberdeen that Boh's last played from Scotland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yes, that was UEFA Cup in 2000

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes, that was UEFA Cup in 2000

Yeah i went along to that game as i was living in Dublin at the time.
    Oh how i enjoyed seeing the sickened look on the sheep fans faces :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,403 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Eirebear wrote: »
    Oh how i enjoyed seeing the sickened look on the sheep fans faces :D

I didn't. I arrived late for that game because of work and the only way in was through the Aberdeen fans section. Jesus, I thought I wouldn't make it to the Riverside stand in one piece. Scary

Bohs should easily make the second round..no idea of the quality of Icelandic league football so hopefully with a bit of luck in the draw they can progress.

• Advertisement

Collie D wrote: »
    I didn't. I arrived late for that game because of work and the only way in was through the Aberdeen fans section. Jesus, I thought I wouldn't make it to the Riverside stand in one piece. Scary

Bohs should easily make the second round..no idea of the quality of Icelandic league football so hopefully with a bit of luck in the draw they can progress.

Feck that, given the choice of walking though the Celtic end, or the Aberdeen end....i would take the celtic end every single time.
    Some of the aberdeen fans, the "red ultras" and the like are frickin lunatics.

Still...alls well that ends well eh?;)

Still no idea whos applied for the Intertoto from scotland, as i say the SPL has a habit of ignoring it in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some of the aberdeen fans, the "red ultras" and the like are frickin lunatics.

The oul Red Ultras bring great colour and atmosphere wherever they go.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/index.php?showtopic=349

The oul Red Ultras bring great colour and atmosphere wherever they go.

http://z6.invisionfree.com/UltrasTifosi/index.php?showtopic=349

Doesnt mean theyre not frickin nutters! :D

TBH Ive seen more trouble at involving Rangers and Aberdeen fans, at games and away from games than i ever have involving Rangers and Celtic fans.

People on here have the idea that i have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about Celtic fans, in all honesty ive got more of a problem with that lot up north than i ever have with Celtic fans.

Celtic fans dont come to Ibrox and sing about 66 people dying in the Ibrox disaster put it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Doesnt mean theyre not frickin nutters! :D

TBH Ive seen more trouble at involving Rangers and Aberdeen fans, at games and away from games than i ever have involving Rangers and Celtic fans.

People on here have the idea that i have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about Celtic fans, in all honesty ive got more of a problem with that lot up north than i ever have with Celtic fans.

Celtic fans dont come to Ibrox and sing about 66 people dying in the Ibrox disaster put it that way.

Well I have a feeling the trouble is started by that of the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals and the Rangers firm, likeso the singing.

Well I have a feeling the trouble is started by that of the Aberdeen Soccer Casuals and the Rangers firm, likeso the singing.

Yeah very probably, but the Red Ultras have their hardcore as well and much of the singing comes from those guys now.

My first ever run in with Aberdeen fans was at the age of 9 when i was leaving Ibrox with my dad, one two guy ran up, punched my dad on the back of his head and spat on me calling me a "scummy wee hun bastard".
    Im not saying theyre all like this, but the amount of stories similar and worse than that are pretty worrying at times.

Anyway back on topic, best of luck to Bohs in the Intertoto, by the looks of things it will be either Motherwell, Hibs or Dundee Utd. My money is on Motherwell....so youd better get your wellies ready incase they havnt sorted their itch out by the time you get there! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Bohs

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/intertotocup/news/kind=1/newsid=686088.html

English reps (city or villa) will play Norn Iron / Finland / Denmark

kdjac

I think you meant to say Everton, City or Portsmouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Anyway back on topic, best of luck to Bohs in the Intertoto, by the looks of things it will be either Motherwell, Hibs or Dundee Utd. My money is on Motherwell....so youd better get your wellies ready incase they havnt sorted their itch out by the time you get there! :D

Hibs or Falkirk according to the bohs forum.

bohsman wrote: »
    Hibs or Falkirk according to the bohs forum.

Hmmm, both good footbaling sides.
    Pataleinaan hasnt quite stamped his mark on Hibs just yet, but when they do perform they can be fairly lethal.
    Im sure youve heard the stories about Real Madrid looking at Fletcher etc.

John Hughes has got Falkirk playing some fantastic football, probably the prettiest team to watch in the SPL at the moment.
    However they can be very Naive at the back.

Both would make for a tough tie for Bohs, but neither is unbeatable either.

Advertisement