Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the longest youve spent playing a video game?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I have a mate that stayed up from friday till monday sitting in his bed playing gears of war online, and we would go to tesco's and bring food back for him at mad hours during the night. He's always on xbox live, hes really good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

karmabass wrote: »
    Pretty sure I played against you at some point, or at least saw you on Zone or GBL! Those were the days indeed... What an unbelievably good game! (I was ID_Ganondorf or GiB_Ganondorf at the time btw..)

My longest stint was probably Phantasy Star Online on the Gamecube... me and a friend played it for practically 2 or 3 days solid.. I had the most f'ed up hallucinations after that!

Ah yeah I remember you guys alright. Were you in TK when Gandalf was there? Heheh, he was a total idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

lafortezza wrote: »
    Championship Manager for probably close to 20 hours.

Championship manager was my first mamoth session, having being diagnosed with glandular fever so not allowed drink and supposed to be resting I played for something like 30 hours straight, living on coke and kitkats.

I still clock up 10+ hour sessions of WoW on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

haven't had a long gaming session in yonks. longest would usually be around 5 or 6 hours. Played through Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles recently back to back, took only a few hours though.

Also I played HL2:Ep2 and Portal back to back when I got them first.

Went to quite a few house LANs in college. We'd usually start at around 9am then finish at around the same time the next morning. I remember forgoing all bodily functions for maybe 12 hours straight. When I finally took off my headphones it was like the adrenaline subsided and the realization that my bladder was about to explode from drinking so much cola set in.

Good times... pity its been so long since my last house LAN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

was suffering from a serious illness a year or more ago, and it was so bad made me uncomfotable to sleep.

i slept 9 hours in the whole week

i started one session of wow on monday 11 am logged off wednesday 5am

started warcraft 3 at 7 am and played till 9pm that night
    then watched band of brothers straight

friday was spent on cs for 13 hours

saturday and sunday was spent watching films

obviously there was breaks for food, medicince, toilet, vomiting etc..

but i wouldnt do a massive long gaming spree unless i was sick

(also note i was confined to my bedrrom for this entire period due to risk of spreading the illness)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Prolly put in 12 hours straight on Ocarina of Time. Such an incredible game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Ah yeah I remember you guys alright. Were you in TK when Gandalf was there? Heheh, he was a total idiot.

Yup those were hilarious times! That guy was a complete asshat.. remember spending endless hours winding him up.. Myself and Venom and the likes..

I remember we got a hold of one of the admin passwords and caused havoc on GBL one night.. Still have the screenshots somewhere..

Was reading a thing about the top10 RTS of all time there earlier.. had a tear in my eye when I saw T.A. rightly recognized as no.1 above C&C, AOE etc.. Dying to play it now!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Ah yeah, but thats with the flutes and what not.

It was me and my mate, both 10 at time, and playing co-op, through every level of every world.

Ah schtop,

Such a great game. Got in for the Wii a few months ago and it still brings up so much nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Racked up 20 or so hours or so playing Planescape:Torment back in the day. Bought it going home from work one evening, played it all night and rang in sick the next morning to keep playing, because I couldn't face stopping and not finding out what happened at the end! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

oh wow,Longest I went was only 8 hours playing ff7 and i thought that was long enough:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

rejkin wrote: »
    oh wow,Longest I went was only 8 hours playing ff7 and i thought that was long enough:eek:

:D i probably spent around the same during the summer when i first played ff7. Iv probably racked up a few hours playing X-com Apocalypse, still haven't even finished it even though iv had it for 10 years and play it a good bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

When I first got the joint ops demo I played for 5 hours straight just sniping, lying in the grass didnt get killed at all one guy hunted me down and it turned to night time he basically stood over me, didnt notice me and ran off again, was like something out of a film which got me more hooked... then I quit, couldnt beleive it was 5 hours.

Then I got into css and bf2 and played in clans, spent hours in those, then I played wow, I wasnt really into at least not as much as a friend of mine who did the whole 'scheduled' playing - he would go to bed at 6am get up at 8am and play till 6am again. I would say the longest I have ever played straight though would be about 10 hours. I usually get bored/tired after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,718 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Myself id say it was LMA manager 2002/03...played 20 hours straight as manager of Exeter City...Got promoted twice..Still proud of it to this day

Advertisement