Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Similac baby formula

Options
  • 21-04-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Our baby has reflux so the only baby formula she can take is Similac with Iron. It helps alot with the reflux. We live in the states but are travelling home for 2 weeks this week. We have tried but the product doesnt seem to be available in ireland even though the product is made by Abbot labs in caven. Does anyone know if it is indeed for sale to the general public or will we just have to bring over bottles of the stuff to ireland. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

You could give them a call and see if they've any Irish distributers:

Address: Abbott Ireland, Cootehill, Co. Cavan

Phone: +353 (0)49 5559200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Hi galwaydude.

My son was born in the US and I started him out on similac for same reasons as you.

It is not available in Ireland and I went through a lot of trouble finding a formula he could settle to.

I found for reflux that the gentlest one was Aptamil, but his nappies were coming out very runny from it and smelling of fishoil so I switched to SMA, which initially brought up more reflux but he eventually adapted to it and now he's ok with it.

If you are only coming over for 2 weeks you could just bring a couple of cans of the powdered stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Thanks, we called TSA and they said we can bring over bottled formula as long as we have the baby with us. My wife will also get a letter from our GI doctor. I will try and call them and see what they say.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Enfamil AR is the formula my baby was on for reflux. You get it in the chemist here. Worth a try maybe if you cant bring your own. But hopefully you can. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tdtd

I use similac aswell and live in ireland. We order it in our local pharmacy/chemist...

• Advertisement
Advertisement