Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stallion for TB Mare

• 21-04-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, This is my first post on this site. Just looking for some advice, I have been given the use of a TB Mare for the year.
    She is due to foal in May with a Pilsudski foal (2nd Foal). Due to time constraints the owner isnt interested in breeding the mare and said that i can choose the stallion.
    I don't have much interest in breeding a TB as I'm more interested in sporthorses. I was thinking of breeding her to a RID Stallion. I was thinking Coolcronan Wood, Huntingfield Rebel, Ard Grandpa but someone else suggested a warmblood - Ricardo.
    She is a chestnut mare out of Flemensfirth and her dam is by Be My Native. Her temperament could be qustionable so a quiet tempered stallion is important. I dont what her jumping ability is like so im not expecting a top class showjumper but maybe something that could be suitable for showing/ Riding club jumping.
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I know a girl that handled some huntingfield rebel horses and she had nothing good to say about them. Ricardo is producing some lovely horses but there are a lot of them in the market at the moment. Not too sure about the other two you have mentioned. Im looking for something for my mare at the moment too, its SO hard to decide so best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Worked very briefly at a stud (left due to annoying problems with my back). Huntingfield Rebel was there and he is an excellant stallion, I'm relatively new to stallions and I could rug him etc without a bit of bother!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I would go to Crosstown dancer (RID), they have a great temprement and can jump. details here- http://www.crosstownstud.com/stallions.php

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DougieH

Thanks for the suggestions - off to do some research on these stallions.

Advertisement