Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best buy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Smegball wrote: »
    Trying signing Saivet for Portsmouth but couldn't get him for some reason :o
    Stancu was signed for 400k and did decent enough for me in first season but wanted to leave once Liverpool declared interest but he signed for the newly promoted West Brom for £6m. Not a bad profit tbh

Yeah i had Stancu for Crystal Palace so he was unknown apart from his amazing goalscoring habit. It made him into the best player in the world where I am now. However, when i started a new game with Villa, he was shocking, couldn't play him. Suppose it's all to do with them playing at a lesser club then !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Keith C wrote: »
    Ive seen a few posters mention ability in number form, my set up is gold stars, is the numbers a differant setting that replaces the stars??
    The game has the player ability and potential values as a figure out of 200, you can see them if you load the editor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

hogey143 wrote: »
    Suppose it's all to do with them playing at a lesser club then !!

Saivet is destroying everyone at Schalke for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

The game has the player ability and potential values as a figure out of 200, you can see them if you load the editor.

was messing around with game but couldnt find this, can you tell me where it was.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's a seperate program, it should be in your FM folder on the start menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

was accrington stanley. got promoted in my first season. in my second season i bought anderson silva from everton for 100k. has played every game and is now club captain. also charlie barnett. paid 40k from liverpool. he played 46 games in one season at the age of 17..ace..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

danny haynes on loan from ipswich when i was with MK Dons. scored somethin like 45 in 35 games. then signed him proper the next season and did pretty much the same. legend for the lower leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Mika Aartialo is the man, though I can never hold onto him.

I play as Leeds and sign him first season in League One usually for 250k.

He bags me 30 + goals to get me promoted to The Championship, and then ****s off usually to Bolton or Athletico Madird.

I always refuse to sell but that b*stard Ken Bates always intervenes and says the 4 million offer is too good to turn down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Mika Aartialo is the man, though I can never hold onto him.

I play as Leeds and sign him first season in League One usually for 250k.

He bags me 30 + goals to get me promoted to The Championship, and then ****s off usually to Bolton or Athletico Madird.

I always refuse to sell but that b*stard Ken Bates always intervenes and says the 4 million offer is too good to turn down :(

i don't understand the obsession with Aaritalo. i couldn't find him in my normal game, and eventually found him in the database editor... his PA and CA are crap. roughly around 125 and 110 respectively in my game.

Doesn't it vary from game to game? his PA in my game is 185

• Advertisement

Doesn't it vary from game to game? his PA in my game is 185

ah i see now what it is. he was toned down in the database updates. he goes from a -9 with the retail database to a -7 in 8.02 from what i can see.

i think we should start stating what version of the game we're using. i'm see a helluva lot of differences between the two at times.

anyway, i've found a decent buy that hasn't been mentioned here (i think). two Brazilian defenders. the first Guilherme is a left back, has the potential to be just as good as Marcelo only he needs a lot more work. but can be bought for under 4 million. another; Felipe plays with Udinese, same story not great to start off but can be just as good as Richards become eventually. think he might cost around 6 at the start, i got him for that anyway a couple of seasons in.

See, I'm playing as Leeds all the time so that sortve fee is WAAAAAAAAAY out of my price range :(

Andy Butler is an excellent cheap buy @ 200k, as are the 4 Romanians Stancu, Torje, Sepsi & Sarghi.

Add Anthony Scribe in the nets for 200k, Pablo Piatti for 250k, Aaritalo for 250k and you've got yourself a team for around a million quid who'll take you from any league to upper Prem in a couple of seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Not my signing but I took over Chelsea and Avram Grant had signed David Villa the week before he left. Villa scored 61 in 45 games :D. He got injured and still got that many goals when he came back.

My best signing would be Kevin Doyle for Chelsea as well. Complimented Villa perfectly when played in the AMC role and scored his fair share of goals. Think he got 30 in the season and 20 odd assists majority to Villa. Class player.

See, I'm playing as Leeds all the time so that sortve fee is WAAAAAAAAAY out of my price range :(

here's a couple:

Alejandro Gomez who plays with Arsenal de Sarandi. AMC. bought him for around 300k when the game started playing as NEC. sold him for 7 million with the 50% sell on clause just one season later to Ajax. looks like he has the potential to be good enough for a leading side (i.e. top4 Prem) in about 3 or 4 years.

Damian Escudero with Velez at the beginning. AML. 250k at the beginning, and half way through the second season i've turned down bids of 7 or 8million. same story as Gomez, could be good enough for a leading side in another year or two. 18month after buying him AC Milan have made an enquiry!

Marvin Angulo with Arsenal de Sarandi. D,WB, M, AM R. again cheapish, about 400k. is immensely versatile, can play anywhere on the right wing. maybe not quite good enough in the long run for say a Chelsea or an Arsenal, but he'll be good enough for a top half team in about 2 years.

Alo Barengrub (cant remember where he starts off). DC. can be bought for around 130k. looks like he'll be good enough for a top half premiership team in a few years.

edit: feck, i've forgot. all of these apart from Alo will need work permits. no idea how easy they are to get as i've only played with them outside the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Karl Bermingham and Ronnie O'Brien for Shels definitely. Got them both on frees.
    Or else Danny Graham for Club Brugge in FM06. Scored 36 goals in all competitions one year after I got him on a bosman. Got capped three times for England and then I sold him to Newcastle for 12.5 million. Good bit of business I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭The Everlasting

Dan Goslings a good little signing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Mamadou Sakho
    Younousse Sankhare

I bought both at the end of the first season when they were young. Its now 2015 and both are world class defender and midfielder respectively. Both starting for France and Sakho is both mine and France's captain. Absolutely incredible signings. I loaned them out for about 3-4 seasons to make sure they got games.

I've a load of players that need loaning out but no one will take em. It's not as if theyre ****e either :(

suggestions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Feeder clubs are your best bet

How do I set up a feeder club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

andres d'allesandro

could have been championship manager 01/02, signed him with leeds and he was amazing. in teh final game of the season, i needed to win to win the league. 2-0 down with 10 minutes to go. he scored a hatrick, the winner in the 93rd minute. i won the league and ended up winning it for the next 5 seasons, also got the champions league twice and other cups. he was the player that allowed it to happen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 chipsbebo

Juan Roman Riquelme.........Amazing, signed him for Man city in FM08! Started off poorly for 1st 8 games but then became awesome! Gaurentees 8 rating playing top of the diamond behind 2 strikers! Great goals ratio! 20+ a season for an Attacking mid, Stat 20 rating on freekicks! Scores about 8 freekicks a season!

Vagner Love, quality utd and chelsea all over him! 30 goals + for 3 seasons! Never injured

Bogdan Stancu.... Cheap romanian striker but does the job

Henrik Larsson..... Get him cheap and good for goals or an impact sub!!!

In FM08
    Kenwyne Jones is a great second tier striker. Got him on loan for FC Koln in Bundesliga 2 and he scored 22 league goals.

Mika Aaritalo(Finnish AMRC) does he business at any level IMO

Evaldo. 16 year old Brazillian MC playing for Fenerbahce, turns into a great player.

Mauro Zarate (ST, Al Sadd) is an absolute BEAST. And in season one you can get him fo 5 million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Stay_in_Kampuchea

My Best ever buy was on CM 4 it was two swedish young fella's one was called Linus Smejigarten and the Other was Andreas Somthing, they were 16 and insanly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Kennedy Bakircioglu when he was at Hammarby. What a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

anyone any suggestions for players on a tight budget? I'm with stockport (FM 2006) and I've only got 35-40k max for transfers.

Cheers

anyone any suggestions for players on a tight budget? I'm with stockport (FM 2006) and I've only got 35-40k max for transfers.

Cheers
    Get some loan transfers in would be my advice
    Or if you have Ireland loaded up, there's loads of options. I'd recommend
    Pat Sheridan - 18 year Old MLC- Dublin City (20k max)
    Eamonn Zayed- ST- Bray Wanderers (10k-15k)
    ...or I'd recommend getting these on loan
    Fraizer Campbell - ST- Man U
    Kyle Lafferty - ST- Burnley
    Michael Duff - DRC (not sure where he is...)

How do I set up a feeder club?
    Go to your Manager Toolbar
    Click on ''Boardroom''
    Down the bottom left there's an option to ''make board request''. Click this, and request a feeder club.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

CM 01/02

Antonio Gallieri

Used to sign him for Rushden from Coventry for 100k, played him in behind the 2 Strikers in a 3-5-2 Formation and he used to score 40 + goals every season until I reached the Premiership, where at this stage he would turn into utter crap!!

Stats were pretty poor but he was amazing! Sadly, I have never found anyone who has heard of him only me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

adu in football m 08 6.5m and sold him to chsea for a big 42m the next year what a good deal for me

Advertisement