Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best buy

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭longfordjames

lulinha from corinthians is quality for a big side.damien rushe is mint for lower clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Art Deco

I agree with the comment about Lulinha, CLASS player.

Lauri Dalla Valle also

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Pablo Piatti, Guilherme from Cruizero, Ignacio Camacho, Bogdan Shust, Marcelo, Breno, Arturo Vidal, David Luiz, Wanderly, Stefano Okaka.
    Just a few.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Georginio Wijnadum from PSV works out well later on. Very cheap, but will need 3-4 seasons on loan before he is near 1st team standard for Barcelona anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

A story I love telling!

The year 2001, the game was Championship Manager 01-02. Elche had just sacked me, got a job with Villarreal who were bottom on La Liga. Kept them up, signed a young Glen Loovens from Feynoord I believe. Got him on the free, he went on to be fairly spectacular. Very skillful centre half but no pace, Hansen-esque, if you will. Anyway 6 seasons later, I sold him to Barcelona for €56million. It gave me an enormous sens of well being!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moon ligh

very nice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Burial

I don't follow football much, but mirah richards for £6.5 million. Man city were relegated and I was going to buy a nigerian back from city but he didn't want to goto me. Anyway, nigerian guy ended up losing value SOOO quickly, and Richards is wanted by Bacelona,etc. He's unhappy because I don't want him leaving. Put Charlton into the Champions league and I don't want to find a replacement for him.

My other best buy was Edgar Barreto for 3 million. Buy of the season. He was a midfielder who scored/set-up over 40 goals!!!! He was average every season afterwards though...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,966 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In one of the older CM games, 01-02 i think - I left Juve for Sheff United (then in division 3) for a new challenge after wining everying with Juve. At Juve I had Giampaolo Pazzini, but e had never got into my team and was at the end of his contract. When I go tthe job at Sheff United, i kept offering Pazzini a contract until he accepted. Took two months!

5 seasons later I was a CL winner again with the following trophy haul:

Division 3 title.
    Division 2 title.
    Division 1 title.
    2 Premiership titles.
    3 FA Cups.
    1 League Cup.
    2 Uefa Cups.

Mainly thanks to the one man team of Pazzini. 5 seasons. over 600 goals. Most memorable being 6 in the FA Cup Final against Arsenal, a game I won 6-4 i think.

In the newest version of the game, I got Damien Steinert from Newels for 30k, scored 30+ in League 2, 50+ in League 1, 30+ in the Championship and has bagged around 20 or so goals in the premiership, just into January.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just started a new game in FM08 there after I got bored of my old one.
    Playing as Arsenal and just realised Song is a monster.
    He can run up and down the pitch all day. Playing him in midfield but with an arrow back into DM.
    Just coming up to christmas now and he's already got me 7 goals, 6 of which are from open play. He seems to have an amazing long range shooting attribute.
    Denilson or Flamini cant get into the team at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just started a new game in FM08 there after I got bored of my old one.
    Playing as Arsenal and just realised Song is a monster.
    He can run up and down the pitch all day. Playing him in midfield but with an arrow back into DM.
    Just coming up to christmas now and he's already got me 7 goals, 6 of which are from open play. He seems to have an amazing long range shooting attribute.
    Denilson or Flamini cant get into the team at the moment...
    I have to agree with ya there.
    I have Alexandre Song on loan at CSKA Moscow in my game.
    He was meant to be back-up but within a couple of weeks he was first team.
    I'd keep Denilson though, I've had him on loan too before at Fiorentina and he's quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

Championship manager 01-02 bought crespo to roma from lazio. 42 goals in his first league season. Cost me all my budget but well worth it.

Lindado and lulinha in the current game!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bmcgov86

got ameobi on a free when i managedbray wanderers, sold him a year later to sevilla for 11million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DaveyGem

Franklin Salas in CM 07/08, bought him on the basis he was worth 750k as soon as i bought him his value rocketed to £10million! I didn't sell him until a season later after he had scored 35 goals. Off loaded him to Inter, who then hockeyed me 4-0 (Salas got a 3)

David Chiumiento on the Juve reserves is another good buy...

Ben Sahar, Scott Sinclair, Chris Cohen, the list goes on...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

If FM 05 twas Tevez. He averaged 70 goals a season for 10 years... *sighs* Better days. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

In CM 01/02, ye must buy Maxin Tsigalko...great player. He has disappeared in later versions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Maxim Tsigalko was the ultimate striker - it was almost as if he was a bug in the game. No matter how bad your team were playing he'd score at least one goal.

Belarus's finest export.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I just signed Messi in my current Man Utd. game for £91million. Hardly a bargain, but him, Ronaldo, Rooney and Berbatov up front is quite the sight.

Advertisement