Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Portfolio Advice?

• 21-04-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31

I'm planning on applying for Film & Television Production in Dun Laoghaire as a mature student next year. Just starting to plan out a portfolio.

Does anyone currently in, or graduated from, this or a similar coarse have any advice for me?

Thanks

Brian

BTW, I crossposted this on the College Work board. Hope that's ok with the mods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 That Girl

I applied for that course as a mature student last year and missed matriculating for it by 6 points!! Very frustrating. I have now secured a place in Bray further institute of education for next year, this is also a very good place to learn the fundamentals of production. They got a grant and were able to stock up on professional equipment. They have a full television studio and 8 editing suites. They are very good professors and the course is either a two year higher diploma, or if you don't have enough experience you can begin by doing a one year starter course which introduces you to everything before you progress onwards to the 2 year.

The Dun Laoghaire reserves two places a year to mature students so the odds aren't good! So my advice to you would be to look elsewhere for your chance to do this if it's really what you want out of an education. Anyway, I wish you all the best with it. If you do get a place enjoy, if not I might see you in Bray! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 That Girl

In case you want to do this next year instead of waiting around another year, I'm pretty sure it isn't too late to apply through Bray as they don't do it through the CAO.

Advertisement