Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Days before the Leaving begins

Options
  • 21-04-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

And I'm considering going to a concert (Paramore). I'm still not sure whether the concert in Dublin would do more good than bad. Any ideas?

Is that time important? I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I couldn't go, but I'm just wondering. Some say it let's you free up your mind, while others claim it's vital to get that last minute revision in.

*ponders*..

Any help? I'm sort of idir dhá comhairle here X_x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,220 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'll look back in a few years and wonder why you even cared....

Go to the concert....just take it easy on the liquor....enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

If it was me I wouldn't go..
    The L.C is something that you'll only do once in your life..im sure there will be plenty more Paramore concerts. Priorities so to speak.
    But only you can decide, not strangers on the net. Your the only one who knows how prepared you are etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Ino112

Well, it's more of a question; would it do be more harm than good going? Should I have my head in the books so to speak? Or go to the concert with mes amis.

Why oh why did they have to pick the 2th!!? :P

EDIT: Hmm..you're right about priorities...maybe that's just the answer. The leaving is very important. I'd guess I'd regret going to the concert more than having not gone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

For some poeple it might do them the world of good..de-stress,relax etc.
    Personally, it wouldn't have been a good idea for me to go as de-stressing was the last thing I needed...I was only opening my books the night before all my subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

well having two or three hours off to go to a gig is not such a bad thing once you don't overdo it and get locked at the gig and spend the next two days recovering.

Are you realisically going to spend all of monday evening cramming?

You could look at it this way, set out a plan to study on monday morning/afternoon and have the gig as your treat for that night. Would it be any worse than spending the evening watching tv? Just don't drink or spend half the night wandering around town after it. Go to the gig and come home. No harm done.

But if you are worried about not getting study done, skip it and see them another time.

Rest is as important as study during the exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Go to it. If nothing else it will give your brain a rest for a couple of hours.

Although if it was me I wouldn't go as Paramore are sh*t.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Aw two days isnt that bad :D

Im going to concert on the evening before accounting .. aw.. i get on well with accounting, and its in the afternoon.. so hopefully everything goes well :D

Ps. take few notes with you to go over them on the way to the concert and while you wait, that is if the "going out" really bothers you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Aren't Radiohead playing the night before the LC starts? The 7th? I know a few going to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Aren't Radiohead playing the night before the LC starts? The 7th? I know a few going to that!

LC starts Wed 4th. Radiohead is on at the weekend I think.

EDIT: They are playing the Friday and Saturday night, shouldn't be too much of a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

hate to burst your bubbles but all of the gigs mentioned are not aloowed to be discussed on boards, edit before bannage is handed out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Meh, I'm not celebrating my 18th Birthday because it's 6 days before the LC :(

It's up to you really, if you're confident about your LC and did well in the mocks then you should go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

well having two or three hours off to go to a gig is not such a bad thing once you don't overdo it and get locked at the gig and spend the next two days recovering.

Are you realisically going to spend all of monday evening cramming?

You could look at it this way, set out a plan to study on monday morning/afternoon and have the gig as your treat for that night. Would it be any worse than spending the evening watching tv? Just don't drink or spend half the night wandering around town after it. Go to the gig and come home. No harm done.

But if you are worried about not getting study done, skip it and see them another time.

Rest is as important as study during the exams

Have to agree with this guy. Do your study early and then enjoy the evening. Of course, don't get absoluetly smashed and you'll have a good time. A little bit of fun is no harm and it'll put you in a better mood to sit the LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

One of my favourite bands (Flogging Molly) is playing the night before maths paper 1... I could go see them in London the weekend before, but I figure... they'll probably come back some day, and no way am I gonna do the LC again so I may as well give it as good a bash as I can. If they were playing in Dublin, though, I'd seriously consider it... unless you have an unavoidable tendency to end up partying till the early hours of the morning after every gig. Then I would advise against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, I went to a gig two days before my LC last year. If your parents are debating it, just assure them you'l work a lot over the weekend before it, and this would be good to unwind...it really does help. And maybe do lay off the booze if ya go(if ya even drink?). Use it to get your mind off the exams, its all good. Worked for me, got plenty done next day too! Don't spend all day queuing or anything, that wont help the cause in going.

Support +1

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

Ino112 wrote: »
    ...the 2th!!? :P

lol the 2th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

btw while i dont condone mention of any of the bands here, i dont think its a bad idea going to the gig a couple of days before hand, my sis isnt aloowed go but shes doing th JC

(i however am going :) but im just finished school the week before w/ no state exams)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

It was a hard decision to make, whether to go see Radiohead during the Leaving. I finally chose not to see them, because I've seen them twice before, I hated "In Rainbows" and I'd rather spend that weekend sleeping/studying than bopping away at a concert. Still disapointed, a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement