Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Saturday Spin: 26th April

Options
  • 21-04-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    myself and Roger would like to propose this route for Saturday, if anyone wants to tag along with us.

It is a long route with a lot of climbing and we are aiming to get around in less than six hours, so we will be trying to keep the pace up.

We plan to leave Kimmage at 08.15 am.

For those who were out on Saturday last, I was on the red Spesh and Roger was in a spiffing yellow Cannondale jersey on a Dawes.

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Raam wrote: »
    We plan to leave Kimmage at 08.15 am.
    If you take it handy enough we could meet in Dundrum at 10ish as usual so :D
    It sounds awfully early otherwise! That would mean getting up earlier than I do on a workday! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

'tis early alright. I didn't get back to my house until 1730 on Saturday, so 10am is too late for me. I also have something on out in Dunshaughlin on Saturday evening, so I have an ulterior motive for starting early. I'm coming from beyond Raheny, so I have a long way out to Wicklow and back :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Did much the same run last year preparing for the W200. The combo of Slieve Maan and Glenmalure tests the legs alright. I'd be interested alright, but I'm going to do the Orwell Wheelers Randonee on Sunday and want to have a bit of gas left for that. Mind you, the way you two were climbing on Saturday, I'd probably be slowing you down.

+1 on the early starts. If you're doing 100km+ distances you really need them, otherwise you're going to be out all day. Got the "where on earth are you" phone call just as I approaching home on Saturday.

Don't have to justify it, it's your spin you call the shots as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm still trying to mentally come to terms with being up earlier on a weekend than a weekday, so for the moment I won't commit to it....

el tonto wrote: »
    I'd be interested alright, but I'm going to do the Orwell Wheelers Randonee on Sunday and want to have a bit of gas left for that. Mind you, the way you two were climbing on Saturday, I'd probably be slowing you down.

I plan on doing the Randonee too, assuming I can get up on Sunday. We'd love to have you come along on Saturday if you think you are up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I'm doing the Randonee too, weather dependent. I'll be on a 'dale Six13.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Ooh, I would love to do this. I am reliant on a mate for spins and he is slow at getting organised. Need more miles badly, I have yet to pass 100km on my training spins for the wicklow200!

That being said, going out to do over 100km with you guys might be a bad idea. 144km, 6hrs....so averaging about 25 km/h with mucho climbing. :(

I should go, but like ken I won't commit till I see what I do midweek.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I plan on doing the Randonee too, assuming I can get up on Sunday. We'd love to have you come along on Saturday if you think you are up for it.

Hmmm, a 250km weekend? Let me think it over. I might get divorced though. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you guys on Sunday though, since it turns out I'm going to be doing it on my own. Paul was meant to go along, but forgot that he had a wedding to go to.

el tonto wrote: »
    Hmmm, a 250km weekend? Let me think it over. I might get divorced though. I'll definitely keep an eye out for you guys on Sunday though, since it turns out I'm going to be doing it on my own. Paul was meant to go along, but forgot that he had a wedding to go to.

Flowers and chocolate can solve an awful lot of problems :)

I'm leaning towards the randonee more so now, a nicer start time....
    depends on if herself has planned something more enjoyable than hardship for me though :)
    And might also get divorced without even being married if I even consider going on both!!

• Advertisement

Flowers and chocolate can solve an awful lot of problems :)
    You are clearly of the "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission" ilk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Afraid it's too early on Saturday for me -I'm up to Belfast on Saturday night for a gig, and will be getting a bus back to Dublin after, so 10am is going to be a struggle, let alone 8ish!

I'm also very tempted, hell excited about that Randonee, and think I'll enter -you up for it Ken, we can keep each other company for a while? :)

If anyone doesn't want to do Shay Elliot and Slieve Mann, they can always peel off at Laragh and head back up Glenmacnass, like so

Advertisement