Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would a man be mad to be thinking about this car?

Options
  • 21-04-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭

AFAIK 3 years free servicing is included... €20,000 has been taken off list from what I can see. Plus VRT/tax is going up in July.

I am out there tomorrow to get some warranty stuff done. :D

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/M3/NEW-MODEL/945664/

joeduffy94566407D81892.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

If you can afford it comfortably and like driving, I cant imagine a car I would prefer to have! best of luck!

p.s. if you buy it, get one of those gps car locator things just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Without the SMG gearbox, yes you'd be mad IMO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭MarkN

WizZard wrote: »
    Without the SMG gearbox, yes you'd be mad IMO. :)

manual for me in an M3 all day long! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Nice... nicer in white though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

If you have the bobs then go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Very boring-looking interior for the price...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ god I hope that was a joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

madds wrote:
    Very boring-looking interior for the price...
    +1

I can think of far better ways of offloading 100K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

How long have you had the 335?

Nearly 7 months.

I'm more than happy with it but I am just looking at the price of that M3 and thinking it's quite a discount off a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Looks like a very good price to me Mark.

What options has it?

I am one of the weirdo's that actually prefer the 18"M wheels :)

Stunning car, beautiful noise, nearly as good as my car :D

There is a good write up about the E92 M3 on m5board.com, the conclusion was that in every day circumstances the 335i (albeit tuned) was pretty much as quick but it was when you pushed things to the limit that the M3 really showed how good it is, REALLY precise!!

I suppose 95% of the time you would never use the M3 to its full potential.

For me, that 5% of the time would be enough to justify it over the 335.

Have a look and let us know what you think...

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Only my 2 cents here, but if you are happy with your current, would sit back & enjoy until next Feb/March & let everything plateau out. M3's though a glorious car are not the rarity of 5/6 years ago so there will not be a shortage of pre July '08's to choose from within the next couple of years.

Then again, if you need it now, what are you waiting for?
    One problem though, you are going to have that unbelieveably cheesy grin of a smile on your face every time you change down for at least the first month.

Enjoy

richie_rvf wrote: »
    Looks like a very good price to me Mark.

For me, that 5% of the time would be enough to justify it over the 335.

Have a look and let us know what you think...

It's very similar to mine inside so it's the idrive, sat nav etc not sure if it has heated seats and stuff but for me it's just the whole experience of driving a car like that everyday.

That's the thing though.. would I use the M3 power over the 335? Do I want to pay nearly 2k for a set of tyres!

I was pushing on in my car yesterday and it is such a capable car handling and performance wise it just holds the road so well I can only imagine what the M3 is like.

If Duffy's weren't so bloody precious about extended test drives in premium selection cars (I'm sure I'd get one if I was to ask but it's the asking that is painful with them!) I would be a lot more interested in buying one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

I trust you have a garage to keep prying eyes away. New M3's are sought after on the continent and elsewhere. Best of luck and live the dream(if you can afford it)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

prospect wrote: »
    +1

I can think of far better ways of offloading 100K

I agree, I honestly think they could have made the M3 interior a bit special. Very drab. :( You can get a carbon fibre trim instead of the chrome strip through right? Think that'd be much more pleasant.

Seems like a decent price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

Holsten wrote: »
    Nice... nicer in white though. :pac:

There is a new white one in Joe Duffys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You'll need to get the M3 out of your system before you move up to even higher territory (read: Porsche :p)

If you can afford it, you might as well do it now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Dwilly wrote: »
    You can get a carbon fibre trim instead of the chrome strip through right?
    Urgh. You're mixing up your chrome with your brushed aluminium. Chrome would be disastrous in there! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

he he he :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

If you can, then do, thats what I say! Use up the last of the oil in style. An M3 is one of my dream cars, hopping into that each day would be a pleasure. I like the black too, and the 20K off list will get you a nice weekly runaround so the M3 is kept mint for the weekend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

MarkN wrote: »
    It's very similar to mine inside so it's the idrive, sat nav etc not sure if it has heated seats and stuff but for me it's just the whole experience of driving a car like that everyday.

That's the thing though.. would I use the M3 power over the 335? Do I want to pay nearly 2k for a set of tyres!

I was pushing on in my car yesterday and it is such a capable car handling and performance wise it just holds the road so well I can only imagine what the M3 is like.

If Duffy's weren't so bloody precious about extended test drives in premium selection cars (I'm sure I'd get one if I was to ask but it's the asking that is painful with them!) I would be a lot more interested in buying one. :rolleyes:

AS a fellow 335 driver I see where your coming from. It does seem like a bit of a bargain and I have heard that they are quite easy to live with on a day to day basis. The only drawback I would see would be the fuel consumption. I manage about 20mpg in the 335 so the M3 will have you at the pumps more often.anyway if its in your budget and they are willing to give you a good trade in price go for it.............:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

looking at the price of that M3 and thinking it's quite a discount off a new one.
    That's depreciation for ya:)

€600 extra Hibernian want to cover it.

Sat in her today!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sat in her today!

You going to test drive it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

new m3 is nice,

but i dont actually think i would go for an m3 when the 335i is so capable.

I reckon my next car will be the 335i not the e92 m3 (to be fair ill probably be better able to afford the 335 :rolleyes::D) its almost as quick as the e46 m3 (quicker when tuned) and easier to live with.

but then the new m3 is nice! if you can afford it go for it :D

and move insurers!

I'm thinking about it.

My car is in Duffy's til tomorrow getting an inspection 1 and new rear tyres so I've to head out there in the morning to pick it up.

I'm currently driving............ a red 116i! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I'm currently driving............ a red 116i! :o

:D

Nice M3 by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Sorry - I don't think I would - I doubt you'll notice any real world performance difference over what you got and I imagine they're gonna want an awful whack of cash to change. (thats dealers for you)

if I had neither I would buy the M3 but.. having the 335 I would save my cash towards the next car ( 997 surely ).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

M3 is a 420bhp V8 with peak power at 8,300 rpms developed using BMWs expertise gained from Formula 1. 335 is a I6 (nothing new for BMW) turbo that red-lines at 7,000 rpms.

Tipping around town I would imagine there'd be no difference between (they both have stacks of torque), but put the foot down and I'd say the M3 would make it's presence felt very quickly indeed.

Advertisement