Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would a man be mad to be thinking about this car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I think in Ireland today you would be mad to buy a new M3 without 24hr bodyguards. You couldn't leave it anywhere and have an easy mind.

Nonetheless with a 335i already I'm sure this does not matter to you. If you've got that kind of cash, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭MarkN

You just use your head.

There's certain places you don't park, there's certain places you don't fill up but by and large, the only people with the balls to take cars like this from the owners usually have a shotgun in their hands and they'll wake you up gently for the keys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

If it was me, I just wouldn't have one E92 after another, even an M3. Weren't you interested in an S5 or Cayman prior to the 335? I'd be more tempted my them just because they're different!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭MarkN

Gatster wrote: »
    If it was me, I just wouldn't have one E92 after another, even an M3. Weren't you interested in an S5 or Cayman prior to the 335? I'd be more tempted my them just because they're different!

I actually love the 335 so much it's more the ultimate version of the 3 I am after rather than something else.

I reckon the M3 is gonna cost too much to change though so I really am only teasing myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

I reckon the M3 is gonna cost too much to change though so I really am only teasing myself.
    I sympathise...I bought a 330 Sport, and spent quite a while kicking myself for not getting an M3/M5 (which I drove, couldn't find one I was comfortable with of the years i was looking at) or a 4.6i X5, then looked at changing after the fact and it was just a no go, so decided to hang on and subtley mod the 330 (which I love anyway).

Get a remap on 335i, another 50bhp apparently...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MAKE MY DAY

MarkN wrote: »
    I actually love the 335 so much it's more the ultimate version of the 3 I am after rather than something else.

Ah well either way you have a beautiful machine and there is always that lotto win tomorrow !!:D

BTW I sat in it last week but I was only dreaming :(. I did run the insurance check and was quite pleased I can be insured on it for less than €1500 according to the online calculator was chuffed with that :D now just need the other 95 K :p

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Dwilly

Warming to a black m3 now.. looks like Vader's weekend runabout.

1471965892_2258b2437f.jpg

Advertisement