Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2005 Vectra or 2005 Saab quick advice

Options
  • 21-04-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

HI, 2 cars coming up in work a 2005 Opel Vectra 1.9 turbo diesel with 107k on it not that high spec or a Saab 1.9 tid 2005 with 134k on it. The saab is about 3k more and has good spec and I know the history of both.
    Which would you pick- highly tempted by Saab - very good price about 6k less then trade in value (as boss changing car at moment)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Both cars are basically the same underneath as GM own Saab. A Saab dealer might charge you more to repair it though.

If the Saab is higher spec then I'd be tempted to go for that one assuming it is mechanically sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

bazz26 wrote: »
    Both cars are basically the same underneath as GM own Saab. A Saab dealer might charge you more to repair it though.

If the Saab is higher spec then I'd be tempted to go for that one assuming it is mechanically sound.

Saab has leather seats, cruise control etc Vectra does not - I thought the engine was slightly modified on the Saab?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭conor_mc

There's a 120bhp and a 150bhp Saab tid.... not too sure about the Vectra. If it's the 150 Saab versus anything less than that in the Vectra(they're usually 120 I think), that'd be my mind made up and extra spec would be a bonus.

Could be that the Saab is the 150bhp 16 valve version of the Fiat Multi-jet unit and the Vectra being the base model only has the 120bhp 8 valve version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Could be that the Saab is the 150bhp 16 valve version of the Fiat Multi-jet unit and the Vectra being the base model only has the 120bhp 8 valve version.

afaik there are two different versions of saab's 1.9 TiD, one of them is 120bhp and the other 150bhp

• Advertisement

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    afaik there are two different versions of saab's 1.9 TiD, one of them is 120bhp and the other 150bhp

True but the 120bhp version is not that common. Considering the high spec of the 9-3 the OP is looking at and the difference he/she noticed between the two cars I would assume that it is the 150bhp version.

True but the 120bhp version is not that common. Considering the high spec of the 9-3 the OP is looking at and the difference he/she noticed between the two cars I would assume that it is the 150bhp version.

lately I came across two saabs with top specs, one of them was in galway, both of them are uk imports and both of them were 120bhp, so might be better to check this

It is 120 bhp I rang up the garage it was bought in Faichey Ringwood - it has a full service history. It has alot more spec then the Vectra not sure it is full spec as not sure what the top one has it was air con/ leather seats, cruise control.

I personally would go for Saab, at least it's not that boring as Vectra. those two however are amongst the cars I am considering as my next buy....

the other thing is - take the Saab for a drive, and you see a difference.

as for spec: I didn't see any saab without air-con, some of them doesn't have leather/heated seats, but apart from this, they usually packed with extras like crusie controll and other

Looks like I will go for the Saab does not heated seats mind but that is Ok. Now have to sell the old car any recommendations for best place to do that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Selling your old car, depends on what it is! I sold my last car at the bottom of my driveway with a for sale sticker on it.:) However, advertising on Carzone.ie and in the autotrader will generate interest. Make sure you give the car a good clean before you take pictures, and take some decent ones.

Advertisement