Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ingredient would you ban from Restaurants??

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I hate the texture of whole or chopped tomatoes but once they are liquidised I have no problem with them.

If they end up in my food I'll just pick them out though. I don't mind them that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I will eat tomato based things no problem. Ketchup, pasta sauce etc

It's the raw fruit that freak me out. I'm also not the only one that thinks they are evil:

http://www.tomatoesareevil.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

definetly monosodium glutamate

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

mushrooms
    foie gras
    non free range chicken
    white pepper
    smelly cheese

i disagree with a lot of things on this thread though.
    i love mint with my dessert
    i love fruit in savoury food... moroccan food mmm, pineapple in anything nom nom nom

and to whoever would walk out of a restaurant cos there was paprika on the edge of their plate... drama queen much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Anybody who would ban smelly cheese should not be allowed into a restaurant!

• Advertisement

Anybody who would ban smelly cheese should not be allowed into a restaurant!

+1 Smelly Cheese is the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

watna wrote: »
    +1 Smelly Cheese is the best!

The smellier the better.

olaola wrote: »
    The smellier the better.

I kind of have a craving for some now but the cheese in NZ is crap.

Cheddar comes in three varieties called "tasty", "mild" and "colby". I think that's all I need to say about the cheese!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I kind of have a craving for some now but the cheese in NZ is crap.

Cheddar comes in three varieties called "tasty", "mild" and "colby". I think that's all I need to say about the cheese!

Oh dear, there are so much sheep in NZ, you'd think there would be some great cheese!
    God I'd kill for some cheese now, a cheese room has opened up in the Avoca near work. Just the thought of going into it makes my mouth water! You just stand there pointing out the ones you want to sample and they shave of a big lump for you to try.

Edit: Just popped over and got some Goat's Gouda & Wicklow blue. NYOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Pesto on your plate as a fancy design, turnips cabbage swede. all of which make me queasy. or soggy chips that sometimes come out as a side..... frozen ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Bean Sprouts in Chow Mein.

Hard to tell them apart from the noodles, until you bite into them, and it's a horrible crunchy feeling, and nasty taste.

Also hate spring onions in fried rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

water chestnuts! I hate the texture, and for me it doesn't seem to add/have any flavor. BLAH

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

(1) baby new potatoes
    (2) couscous
    (3) gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Celery for me - it's something I despise, both raw and cooked. The problem is that celery is considered an essential stock ingredient, so sometimes you can taste it in soups, even though it may not be listed as an ingredient.

I once got a bowl of pea and ham soup in "The Tannery" restaurant in Dungarvan, Waterford, and as soon as it was placed in front of me, I could smell celery from it. What a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

sweet chilli sauce!!
    I know its been mentioned already, but its as if it arrived out of the blue one day and the next it is on everything!! its seldom actually written on the menu that the dish contains sweet chilli sauce but 9 times out of ten- if it has chicken its dosed with the stuff!! ususally in the guise of "garnish" - ie a pool of it soaked into your food in such as way as you cannot avoid it!

I hate it- enough said- invading my chicken sandwich - not impressed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Meat, make me an interesting dish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Sally Cinnamon

Roasted peppers - can't stand them. I was in a restaurant in Cork recently and they were in EVERY single thing on the menu, except the soup - and I'm sure some days it's roasted pepper soup :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I would only like it in the soup heh. Big fan of Avoca's Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup. Not as good as the Tomoato and Basil one but still, nyommmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I will eat tomato based things no problem. Ketchup, pasta sauce etc

It's the raw fruit that freak me out. I'm also not the only one that thinks they are evil:

http://www.tomatoesareevil.com/

i admit i have no complaints of the fruit, but the website is class :)

Advertisement