Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car needs towing

Options
  • 21-04-2008 4:48pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Can my car was stolen today and has been taken away from the police for Forensic examination.

I have to pick it up from Gannons??? tomorrow but i need someone to tow it.

would anyone have any phones numbers?

actually, what the hell do i do with it then ? it has been written off

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

When you say it has been written off, by who? If your insurance company has written it off they'll pay you the trade value of it and it then becomes their property, in which case it's down to them to remove it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ART6 wrote: »
    When you say it has been written off, by who? If your insurance company has written it off they'll pay you the trade value of it and it then becomes their property, in which case it's down to them to remove it.

well thats something, my garage (who were in possession of it at the time) and the police have said its a write off

now all i have to do is get it from the police garage to my place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

God, my brother owns a garage and recovery company.

But I think they are busy tomorrow.

Sorry bout that.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

The garage who were in possession of it would be able to sort you out with a pick up I'm sure, or at least tell you who to call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The AA might tow it for you if you have cover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

irishbird wrote: »

I have to pick it up from Gannons???

:eek:

Be sure to get it tomorrow - those ba$tards can charge up to €40 per day for storage.

Alternatively you could ask Gannons how much they will charge to tow it to wherever you want it to go. If the car still drives then consider collecting it yourself. If not get out the Golden Pages and flick through whatever section contains tow trucks/vehicle recovery/ etc.......

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

try aaron recovery i will pm you the number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

A lámh agus a lámh eile :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

random wrote: »
    The AA might tow it for you if you have cover.

Just phoned the RAC and they are going to pick it up for me w00t \ 0 /
    crosstownk wrote: »
    :eek:

Be sure to get it tomorrow - those ba$tards can charge up to €40 per day for storage.

If the car still drives then consider collecting it yourself.

it definately doesnt drive, half the engine is in the wall :eek:
    but its all sorted now. i organised a new car yesterday and the RAC are towing the car :D

Advertisement