Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a loan for a laptop

Options
  • 21-04-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

im just wondering where would be the best place to get a loan for a laptop, i checked with my bank (halifax) and their minimum personal loan is €2500 which is way too much, all i want is €1000, anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Why not try places that have an interest free option for 12 months. But thats if your going to be paying it of in less than a year becaue the interest rate can go as high as 22.9% then. Apart from that (for more than a year) shop around in the banks for a good rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Amount is too small for a bank load tbh. Maybe the people selling you the laptop can arrange some finance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

harvey normans, interest free for 18 months.

i also think some banks do a credit account

a credit card with a low rate for the first year, just make sure to buy the laptop and destroy the card

credit union, you will need to save a few quid a month for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I got a AIB Personal Loan for €1000 a year or so ago. How is it too small?

I'd suggest the interest free option through the store though if you can afford to pay off in 12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well, most banks min lend is 1500. I stand correct if AIB do less.

• Advertisement
Advertisement