Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Global Government

Options
  • 21-04-2008 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks,
    Was watching CSPAN(a public broadcast channel here) the last night and caught a speech by the premiere of the UK, Mr. Gordon Brown. Was half listening until I caught a few sentences which sounded suspect. The guy was proposing that a "new world order is needed", IE government on a global scale.

His reasoning seemed to be(and I'm open to correction of this interpretation) that, in order to combat global terrorism and environmental challenges a new world order is required, in which sovereign nations are required to enforce a global set of "value's" upon their neighbors.

Now I'll freely admit I am an believer of some conspiracies "theories" however for the prime minister of the UK to come out and say that he advocates a global government seems to vindicate the whole "New world order conspiracy".

What is everyone's opinion on the impending New world order? Please feel free to elaborate upon what you think the consequences may be(within reason, no tinfoil hat's).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6277747.stm

H.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That link is to a 15-month-old article. Why are CSPAN reporting on a speech made over a year ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Havel

Not likely to happen, determining these "values" would be impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That link is to a 15-month-old article. Why are CSPAN reporting on a speech made over a year ago?

You know I hadn't spotted that, it's a good question. I assumed it was recent seeing as I thought a speech with these type's of implications would have more effect upon the public consciousness. To me this kind of message from the British prime minister is more than a little...scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Thats the very last thing I would want from my country. Being a state in Europe is bad enough, I want an Independant Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭ciaran2008

Well at the moment we have the European Union for most of Europe obviously but now the US, Canada and Mexico appear to be copying that model with the proposed 'North American Union' which would see Canada, Mexico and the US join together for the same purpose as the EU. We also have the Asian, African and South American Unions and as the movie in my signature suggests these unions will merge when time time is right to form a one world government :eek: But maybe its not so bad, or is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Maybe people misinterpreted what he said, maybe it was a metaphor or something to say that a global government(the UN maybe) is more about countries working together to achieve peacful relations and end the troubles that await the world in the future, i don't think he really meant that every country should merge together to create one huge country and one Government if that's what is being precieved, and anyway Gordon Brown is the last person on earth that could do anything about it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

to be perfectly frank i like to think that a true one world government is a fundamentally necessary towards being able to progress harmoniously as a species.

Advertisement