Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Bad Performance

Options
  • 21-04-2008 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey all.
    I have Eircom Broadband 3mb service, it's been sketchy at the best of times, but recently I've noticed a real deterioration in performance. I checked my routers homepage and it says I' only getting 604kbps down.
    I was going to search the boards for others who might be experiencing the same problem, but noticed the post about Eircom imminent speed increases, could this dip in speed be due to work going on at the moment, or is it something else?
    All and any advice greatly appreciated!

Lorakar

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Reset the router to default, check DSL filter...see if you've connected any new phones or extensions...do you have Eircom Phonewatch etc, find your line stats, upgrade the router firmware if there is one....try eliminate as much as you can on your end, Sadly it might take a calll to €irscum and an enginerr callout....then you realising you should have never gone with the incumbent and moved to someone else (if you can).

Advertisement