Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to connect to Xbox live

• 21-04-2008 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Anyone else unable to get onto xbox live because the maintenance still hasnt finished?? or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its back for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Its back, but not properly!
    I cant join any games yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Same here, get on marketplace but can't get in a game (cod4).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Give it time lads, it can't be easy to get the server back up fully with hundreds of thousands of eager gamers from all around the world trying to get on to xbox live at the same time!! Im sure that it will be fixed asap. Now im off to play mass effect ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah acting funky here too. Just wait until later I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

lollers major nelson says to keep an eye on their support page which says xbox live is fully up and running ..... yeaaaahh right :)

miju wrote: »
    lollers major nelson says to keep an eye on their support page which says xbox live is fully up and running ..... yeaaaahh right :)

I think that might be just for US & Canada.......

EDIT: The support front page now reads as:

Users may experience connectivity issues and difficulties with matchmaking within games on Xbox LIVE. We are aware of the problem and working to resolve the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

to hell with it ill just play the ps3 tonight instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Weird, says I'm signed in, that I haved 5 friends online, but I have a "Connect to Xbox Live" button on screen instead of my friends/messages list....

Mr E wrote: »
    Weird, says I'm signed in, that I haved 5 friends online, but I have a "Connect to Xbox Live" button on screen instead of my friends/messages list....

Yup, its still not fully back up.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

pain in the hoop, must have messed up the upgrades they were doing earlier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Same here... and I was in the mood for some CoD :( Admittedly, I am regularly in the mood for CoD, but meh. Point still stands, dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Still unable to kill people online. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fnz wrote: »
    Still unable to kill people online. :(
    so it's back to normal then? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Going through COD4 multiplayer DT's. Agggghhhh. When is it back?

They'd better not have screwed up the servers ths close to GTA4

Had to play the Single player on COD to calm the nerves. Although some good has come from it. Finally got 1000 in the achievement points Whooo Hooo. Mile High on Veteran is just not fair I tells ya. Will have to get therapy after that.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh... thats better...
    Just had a prebreakfast run though Broadcast, and all is right with the world.
    I love the smell of dead americans in the morning. :)

I love the smell of dead americans in the morning. :)

smells like [sniiiiifffff] victory (though very possibly could be the toaster) :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

smells like [sniiiiifffff] victory (though very possibly could be the toaster) :D:D:D:D

Or maybe someone forgot to change their socks this morning :)

Anyhow, is there any visual change at all on LIVE, or is it, as MS said, purely in the background.

Didn't see anything different... didn't look around too much to be honest.
    I think the main changes will be in the spring update (whenever that is)

ShaneU wrote: »

ZING!

I was having connection issues yesterday as well as everybody else in my friends list. Could only play private matches, and even then anything greater than 3-v-3 was lag-tastic.

I got back on last night at about 9.30 and everything was hunky dory, so dunno why youse were all havin trouble. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

I noticed no difference after the update. I was on xbox.com there and couldn't get any info as to what it was for. I don't understand technical jargon, but even still, just to hear "oh it was for this..." would have been helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i still can't connect to xbox live properly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

right i don't know what's happened but eversince the updates yesterday i can't connect to xbox live it says i'm connecting, when it connects and my dashboard refreshes to the connect to xboxlive screen i've ran the network tests and everything is fine only nat is moderate

can anyone help me please????:confused:

have no idea what your prob could be tbh. I was able to connect al night and play about 4 hours of COD4 without dropping / lagging once :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

ShaneU wrote: »

:D

I have no thumbs. :(

Advertisement