Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

give your opinion

Options
  • 21-04-2008 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

lately ive been seriously considering buying guitar hero 3, but i dont know anyone who has it

leave your opinion on whether its a good enough game to buy or if its even worth dishing out for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yes, definitely worth buying. Then get your mates over and get them hooked and they'll buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Sorry for hijacking.
    Should i buy it or wait for rock band?
    I got a PS3 so will be waiting a few more months for rockband,will the GH3 guitar be compatible with rockband?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Nope,the ps3 one isnt compatible with rock band.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yeah definitely get it. Especially if a mate gets it or already has it, then ya pop the guitar controller into a bag and mosey on down to his place (or vice versa), get seriously tanked and have a good bash on face off. Fun times ahead. A definite investment. :D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

GH2 would be my recomendation, cheaper, better song list, more reliable guitar (all xbox 360 btw). If you haven't played any rythym games before then I'd say go for whichever you can, but I have all the GH's and RB and RB is the only one I still play. For multiplayer I'd recommend you wait for RB, single player either GH2 or GH3. Either way you have to get one, cos they're all excellent!

• Advertisement

Not a bad suggestion GHII, i've gone back to playing it since the last time i had played it, i was only 3 and 4 starring it on medium, so i'm back to basics 5 starring all the tracks. Some real classics on it, although i nearly passed out playing The Allman Brothers Band - Jessica. Felt like the song that never f*cking ended. And Freebird is a definite must.

Plus the difficulty is a bit higher on it than Guitar Hero III, which means you will absolutely ace it when you get it.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Personally, owning both games, I'd just wait for Rock Band. I haven't played GHIII since I got Rock band, and even gave away my guitar to my nephews seeing as it's not compatible with the PS3 version of Rock Band. I'm addicted to Rock Band, it's just better on every level. Last weekend was my first time playing Guitar Hero 3 in ages and I found it almost unpayable. I'm one of the few people who seem to much prefer the Strat controller, the strum bar just seems so much better, I was missing notes in GH III because I had to push down on the the strum bar so much further and it seemed to take longer to pop back up, ruining my timing on a couple of songs.

In terms of presentation GH III looks like a HD version of a PS2 game, I remember thinking the animations on the drummer were bad when I first played GHIII but after playing Rock Band, they're absolutely inexcusable. The shininess of Guitar Hero just fails in comparison to the slick presentation of Rock band, with it's 'concert-film' like approach. Plus with something like 40 venues and create a character Rock Band beats GH III on every front. The DLC has been amazing too, I've bought almost every track released so far, and it's released weekly.

If you much much prefer the song list in Guitar Hero, then maybe you should go for that, but it's such an empty experience compared to Rock Band.

Oh and the drums are absolutely amazing.

Had my first Rock Band party on Good Friday, and having a big crowd of people and all the instruments going, it's really the best video-game experience I've ever had. So much fun it should be illegal. Guitar Hero is completely dead to me.

I think the one thing that is most likely to kill off Guitar Hero once and for all is if Rock Band gets all the tracks from it. Once that happens, bye bye Neversoft, you're done here!

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Don't think that will happen. GH is a more challenging game than RB when it comes to the guitar so plenty of people will still prefer GH to RB. I was looking at some of the videos on youtube and a lot of the guitar parts on expert in RB are easier than hard on GH.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Don't think that will happen. GH is a more challenging game than RB when it comes to the guitar so plenty of people will still prefer GH to RB. I was looking at some of the videos on youtube and a lot of the guitar parts on expert in RB are easier than hard on GH.

There's a fair few tracks that are quite tricky, and a lot of the DLC tracks are pretty hard too. I'm okay with it being not too hard though. that's what pissed me off most about GH III was the ridiculous level of difficulty. Rock Band is more about fun and whatever it is about the two games, Rock Band actually makes me feel involved in the music whereas GH III makes me feel like I'm just playing a game and the music in almost incidental. Don't know whether that's to do with Nevesoft's note charts, the difficulty or the fact that I prefer Rock band's setlist. In fact I just remembered what I think is the best review of GH III I've seen so far, says all I want to say but in a damn funny way.

Zero Punctuation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

well i also heard people telling me guitar hero 2 is a better option because of its price now and yeah i also heard they were better songs but not to interested in the songs just the game in its self

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Id definitely go with gh2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Sorry for making this thread a lot off topic, but could I import rock band from the US and A and play it on my xbox 360?

Jay P wrote: »
    Sorry for making this thread a lot off topic, but could I import rock band from the US and A and play it on my xbox 360?

I don't believe you can on the 360, the game is region locked. PS3 version isn't. But with the 360, i think you might be stuck with waiting a month.

Not that far off now though, we've waited this long :)
    VR!

The Xbox 360 version is region locked, the PS3 version isn't. Only a month till it's out on the 360 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

NotorietyH wrote: »
    The Xbox 360 version is region locked, the PS3 version isn't. Only a month till it's out on the 360 anyway.

Yeah but I read somewhere its €200+, not looking forward to paying that!

Yeah but I read somewhere its €200+, not looking forward to paying that!

Yeah I think it's going to be close to something like €260, I could be wrong, but I think that's the figure I saw bandied about. It's a tough call, but I damn is it worth it. I bought a proper drum stool and mic stand too, picked both up for around €30 each I think. If you can even half hold a note it's well worth doing guitar and vocals at the same time, it's so damn fun. If I'm playing guitar these days I usually do vocals aswell...as long as the house is empty and I'm sure no one can hear me! It's such a buzz singing away while playing guitar then stepping back from the mic stand during the solos, for a split second you feel like a Rock God until you have that moment of clarity when you realise you're standing in the middle of your living room singing out of tune holding a plastic guitar (at least the strat looks a bit less like a toy than the Gibson).

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

personal goal of mine is to point to the sky while sustaining a really long chord after dominating a viciously tough solo on expert while getting head off a girl and smoking a cigarette.

this is my goal and it should be your's too - and you can't achieve it without GH3.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i bought mine off e-bay 2 days ago for 50 euro can't go wrong with that

ps. i agree with the above post 110%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭slimbun

conanm wrote: »
    personal goal of mine is to point to the sky while sustaining a really long chord after dominating a viciously tough solo on expert while getting head off a girl and smoking a cigarette.

this is my goal and it should be your's too - and you can't achieve it without GH3.

You dear sir, should be president!

Tomorrows the big day for RB, if the thread opener hasn't made up his mind yet I would advise getting GH2 and Rock band solus. Pick up a cheap USB mic (buddy of mine got one off ebay for a fiver or something) and the drum set later on. Breaking it up like that means that you will have a load of songs to play on guitar, then you can guitar and sing (voxtar), and then getting the drum kit is the icing on a deliciously moist cake!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

GH3 is a brilliant game,its a must buy,i had about a year now and i am still playing it
    its the best instrument game at the moment

Zombie thread!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Kill it! Kill the necromancer! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JohnnyIrvine666

GH is great fun the setlist is much better though compared to RB whatever you do don't post a video of yourself completing Through The Fire And Flames on the hardest difficulty..... nothing angers me more....

Advertisement