Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most Anticipated Game Release in History?

• 21-04-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

I've been thinking for the last few minutes trying to think of a bigger, more anticipated game. Halo 3? Metal Gear Solid 2? Cooking Mama 2? :D

Have we ever seen anything bigger before?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Nothing has ever come close to this IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Everyother GTA I was dying to play it. I kept looking at the site's for updates, pictures, videos, previews, the whole lot but this one I couldn't care less. Maybe Im just growing out of the whole playstation buzz:(
    Anyone feel the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Plug wrote: »
    Everyother GTA I was dying to play it. I kept looking at the site's for updates, pictures, videos, previews, the whole lot but this one I couldn't care less. Maybe Im just growing out of the whole playstation buzz:(
    Anyone feel the same?

I want to play it but I'm in no rush to get my hands on it. I'll be waiting until I can walk into a store and pick it up off the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

The Halo Hype was crazy.
    I reckon this is about equal.
    That being said, GTA IV is going to cripple Halo on first day sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Mario64 was pretty big if I remember, and the hype surrounding the release of the PS2 was mad. San Andreas was big, but probably not as big as this one.

I think this is because i'm a wrestling fan, but WWF Attitude was massive to me back in the day, as big as this. I was hooked on war zone, and all the rumours about the entrances, matches, create a ppv, and playable dx had me gagging for it. The fact that it constantly got delayed was no help either.

But it's probably true that GTA IV is the biggest of the lot, mainly because it's become such a cultural phenomena, something which few other games have managed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭weemcd

can remember mario 64 and zelda 64 being absolutly HUGE back in the day.

cant think of much else close to GTAIV other than Halo tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

halo 2 and 3,only ones i can think of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I didn't think much of the other gtas coming out. But for some reason i cant wait to get my hands on this one.. Which is prob bad as it prob wont be as good as im expecting it to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CBoy07

The Wii was HUGE when it came out but since thats not a game I have to say no.

But one thing people keep overlooking is the hype that it causes young teens! I can remember when I was around 13 I wasnt allowed a GTA because my parents wouldnt let me!!! :( :mad: :(

I could not believe the injustice of it! Me and my (much) older brother had bought every single GTA up to that point and when they were just starting to show it from third person instead of "Helicopter" view, I wasnt allowed it! :confused::confused::confused:

Terrible.........Ah well Im getting this one, my first for years!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i dunno ive kinda fallen out of the loop in terms of video games, but i really havent heard all that much about this, more about Mario Galaxy, or Super Smash Bros Brrawl *shrugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sf2 on the SNES was the aweseomest thing ever.

Gta4 is a close 2nd tho

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Sf2 on the SNES was the aweseomest thing ever.
    kdjac

Agreed, and also 'Starwing'(originally titled 'Starfox') on the same format was feckin huge back in the day. I always remember the hype surrounding the 'Super FX' chip built into the game. :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

WoW:TBC and later in the year starcraft 2 and WoW:WotLK are all contenders i guess Halo 3 probably stateside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fad wrote: »
    i dunno ive kinda fallen out of the loop in terms of video games, but i really havent heard all that much about this, more about Mario Galaxy, or Super Smash Bros Brrawl *shrugs*

I just walked into Smyths after work on the day Galaxy came out and had no problems buying it, I'd say the same could be done for Brawl whenever that comes out (or is it out already? got the NTSC version myself so I don't really care!:p)
    Good luck getting GTAIV ANYWHERE without a preorder at this stage (apart from a few places like Tesco's that wouldn't usually reserve stuff for you)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Because its multi platform i think it will be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Zelda and the Ocarina of time. Starcraft 2 (in Korea I would imagine the hype is quite palpable).

And now GTA4. Only game since Halo3 last year that I can remember feeling worried I may not get a copy on launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

When one of the Dragon Quests got released in Japan in the 90's,i think,share prices plummeted in one day as millions stayed out of work.As a result,they had to make it law for no future Dragon Quest games to be released on a weekday in Japan

Advertisement