Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games with uneven gamerpoints

• 21-04-2008 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Yep, this is quite possibly the most hopelessly anal thread that I'll ever start...

Does anybody else get seriously pissed off when they unlock an achievement that isn't a multiple of 5?
    I've been getting stuck into Viking this afternoon and was loving it up until the moment I achieved a poxy 12 bloody points. Now I'm gonna have to learn every single move in the game unless I want to be stuck on a score like my current one. (8057)

Almost seems like a cunning ploy to get people to see the game through to completion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

In bullet witch you get 99 points for playing it for 15 hours,which pretty much forces you to finish it on the hardest difficulty which only gets you 1 point :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i think itsa good thing having an odd gamer score mine at the moment is 6969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Dind't even know there were scores that weren't multiples of 5.

Whats worse is seeing people play games solely just to boost their score. I saw a bloke on youtube play Avatar, using the same tactic again and again and again, completing the game, just to rake in the 1000pts. Kind of defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i dont really go out of my way to get achivements for the score. i will if i see the achivements and think it might be a bit of a challenge to actually get it. the unchallenging one normally come before you even realise theres an achivement to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Indie18 wrote: »
    i dont really go out of my way to get achivements for the score. i will if i see the achivements and think it might be a bit of a challenge to actually get it. the unchallenging one normally come before you even realise theres an achivement to get.

Yeah, I agree. The amount of times you get the 'happy pop up' without knowing you've done something worthy on older games is mad! Even NHL08 gives you points for making a goalie! :confused:

My main challenge now is getting Golden snipers in COD4. Headshots are like golddust to me! That damned Dragonov lures you into a false sense of security!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I don't like having an uneven gamerscore either. You'll note that (presently) mine remains happily a multiple of 5. However, that took EFFORT! GRAW was the first big offender, if I recall correctly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Football manager made me uneven. I had to go out of my way to buy all Korean cars on Forza 2 or something to get my even score. And ill keep it that way damn it!

Bit of an OCD issue for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah there are a couple of uneven ones floating around (loads in the Orange Box e.g. get a 2 point basket with the gravity gun).

Zero point ones can be funny though, except for the one I got in CoD3. That was embarrassing. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I had no idea people had a problem with uneven gamerscore points :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Forza 2 had a good few uneven achivements. It doesnt bother me though tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

FEAR, I got forty lousy points for completing the game. I'm surprised to see Orange Box mentioned. I though the points were really well thought out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I used to have a problem with uneven points. Prozac and a few counselling sessions sorted that out! now I just gnaw my finger-tips down to the bone instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

whatever, i was happy when i got to 22222! :D

(Yeah, yeah. Well done all those Holmes' ... I know what the sig says, I haven't been online in weeks with the xbox cos my BB won't reach to where i have my 360. Madden 08 has me up aboput 23500)

Roll on 33333

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »

(Yeah, yeah. Well done all those Holmes' ... I know what the sig says, I haven't been online in weeks with the xbox cos my BB won't reach to where i have my 360. Madden 08 has me up aboput 23500)

Roll on 33333

:confused::p

I like gamerscore and most of the challenges created.

I find it useful when viewing other punters games online to see what their gamerscore is on games i have so i can ask them for tips or help in places im stuck etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D3UC3 J3 wrote: »

Roll on 33333

I'm exactly 25 points from 22222... Been a goal ever since I got to 20k...

I'm just plain not online in the last 6 months with the exception of lan parties at friends houses!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

vvvvv Damn no.6:mad::mad:

Advertisement