Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen passat fuel pump problem

Options
  • 21-04-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I imported from UK a Passat TDI, 11 months ago, Dec 05 model, circa 52k on clock, last week fuel pump went, I had replaced by my local mechanic, who tells me this is a common problem with Diesel passats,

I was told that the Volks Ireland warranty is for two years, has anybody got experience here and been able to claim back from Volkswagen, is it worth the hassle chasing them for a refund, anybody being successful in similar cicrumstances

Thanks

CM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Pretty certain that any warranty work has to be done by VW.

Fellow worker has the 05 passat 1.9tdi and it had the exact same problem. They held the car for 3 days while waiting for the part. Even though it is the same one in the old passat and the golfs.

VW warranty covers the collection of the car from outside the garage. He manged to get in to the garage in Naas (main dealer) and was told that he could not avail of the warranty as it was already at the garage. He drove it out and down the road to the roundabout and parked. Phoned the numbr supplied to pick up car. Car was collected by truck from the same garage and brought back to the garage for repair. True story as he rang me that morning to explain all.

Finally. It is rare any dealer of any item, electrical or car, will give waranty on a part that has been replaced by an unauthorised fitter.

Advertisement