Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunphy on this weeks TheGame podcast

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Downloading now....

Any other good footie related podcasts out there? I know the guardian do one that is quite good but anymore that I have missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lister1 wrote: »
    Downloading now....

Any other good footie related podcasts out there? I know the guardian do one that is quite good but anymore that I have missed?
    5 live football daily? and the John Giles newstalk podcast.

Dunphy is on the podcast at the 26 minute mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Very very good discussion with Dunphy. Came across as very articulate, very passionate. Not so much crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    Very very good discussion with Dunphy. Came across as very articulate, very passionate. Not so much crazy.

That's because the RTE Dunphy is all an act. If you ever listen to his weekend show you'll know he is an extremly articulate man, and well versed on current affairs.

The Dunphy you'll see tomorrow night is a character. Sure Eamo is somewhat like this in real life, but the notch is severely cranked up when the cameras are rolling. This is why I pay little attention to his footballing views, as they are rarely based in fact, and usually are intended to cause controversy and get people talking. But I understand why he says them, he's making a great living as this sideshow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

That's because the RTE Dunphy is all an act. If you ever listen to his weekend show you'll know he is an extremly articulate man, and well versed on current affairs.

The Dunphy you'll see tomorrow night is a character. Sure Eamo is somewhat like this in real life, but the notch is severely cranked up when the cameras are rolling. This is why I pay little attention to his footballing views, as they are rarely based in fact, and usually are intended to cause controversy and get people talking. But I understand why he says them, he's making a great living as this sideshow.
    I used to listen to Dunphy daily when he was on Newstalk, so I know the less manic side of his persona. Interesting arguements, and defense / justification of some of his more outlandish claims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Please tell me he is Napping Chelsea to win.

The Times (of London) do a podcast with Gabby Marcotti, while the Telegraph has a sort of podcast on Saturday in the front page of the sports section (embedded fashion).

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    I used to listen to Dunphy daily when he was on Newstalk, so I know the less manic side of his persona. Interesting arguements, and defense / justification of some of his more outlandish claims.

on a broadscale of topics were he has many a person to prompt him and help him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Have to say I really enjoyed the Dunphy segment. Being a fan of Eamo, I found it a very interesting listen.

Best quote of the podcast came at the start though when they were discussing Nemanja Vidic's performance at the weekend. Someone tried to justify it by saying he's just returned from injury and was met with the retort "His brain, I presume, wasn't injured." Brilliant!

Looking forward to that Xavi interview too. Anyone know where i can get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Anyone get the Vibe Dunphy was hawking his wares so to speak by challenging British Broadcasters on their punditry. Dunphy at the Beeb anyone?

Advertisement