Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What amp fuse?

• 21-04-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

Stupid fuse went, what amp do I get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i always go for a 25amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Great thanks.

Can you get the tube ones that suit the aeg or is it easier to go for the little car ones?

depends on the aeg, i have a stock pile of the car fuses for the vfc ak that i normal skirmish with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Standard clear tube style.
    I can wire in any fuse to work anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Motosam wrote: »
    Standard clear tube style.
    I can wire in any fuse to work anyway.

I'm Currently using a 10amp flat blade fuse in my M16a4 and it hasnt blown yet.
    Also I have yet to see a 25 amp come out of an AEG

• Advertisement

its what vfc seem to put in as standard

Puding wrote: »
    its what vfc seem to put in as standard

I reckon its a bit of over compensating to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

It's not really as far as VFC's AK's go. I've had the stock 25 amp blade fuse blow in mine, The VFC mechbox must pull quite a high current through the circuit when firing under normal conditions. I replaced it with another 25 amp blade, VFC seem to do a lot of testing of their AEG's before release so I like to stick to their specs as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

to be honest, a standard gearbox shouldnt be pulling anything over 10amps, anything upgraded (for rof in ireland, for fps in other countries) can potentially pull a good bit over that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Well the only upgrade in mine from stock is metal bushings and a Tokyo Marui EG700 motor (not very fast, I want it that way) Although I do run on 9.6v

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I've had a stock TM MP5A2 that regularly popped 20A fuses for seemingly no reason. I could never find a pattern or a cause as to why. She works perfectly with 25A but will reject the 20A after a short while (which could be anywhere between the first trigger pull and 4 weeks later). I've noticed that sometimes the peak surge caused by semi fire spikes higher than normal when you map it out, it is possible that even a stock aeg such as this one could breach the threshold once in a while.

Thats a bit odd I honestly wouldnt have thought an Aeg would pull more then 15 max

As I said, it seems to be a peak spike and doesn't always occur, it most commonly happened on semi auto I noticed. It's brief, but if you have fast-acting fuses instead of time-delayed ones then it would be more likely to blow. You'd be surprised how long a millisecond is in the life of a peak spike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

does anyone know where you can buy the fuses to go it them??

i need one for my mp7 they cant be rewired so i have to get them 10A long glass fuse for it!

Maplin, Radionics and Farnell would all have them. To name but a few. Many car part stores do them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

does anyone know where you can buy the fuses to go it them??

i need one for my mp7 they cant be rewired so i have to get them 10A long glass fuse for it!

Motor Factors, Motor Accessorie shop, woodies, maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

NakedDex wrote: »
    Maplin, Radionics and Farnell would all have them. To name but a few. Many car part stores do them too.
    iceage wrote: »
    Motor Factors, Motor Accessorie shop, woodies, maybe

thanks lads

Advertisement