Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GH4 - Multiple Instruments.

Options
  • 21-04-2008 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting move... Expected?
    What does "Lots of other instruments" mean?

Guitar Hero IV Branching Out
    US, April 21, 2008 - The Guitar Hero franchise is more popular than ever, but the music game is facing tough competition from Rock Band. How will Activision's guitar-only game stay competitive in the face of Electronic Arts' band-in-a-box? When Guitar Hero 4 is released later this year, it may be harder to tell the two products apart.

Speaking in the May issue of Conde Nast Portfolio magazine, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick revealed some of Guitar Hero's future plans. Other instruments are apparently getting the Hero treatment, including vocals. The fourth installment of the franchise will also let players jam along with local bands from their area.

"It's not just about guitars," Kotick says. "We'll include a lot of other instruments, vocals. It will help us expand internationally. It's the first game we've had in which we can use local content and local bands."

IGN is awaiting clarification from Activision.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Guitar Hero4: Acoustic band?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

kaimera wrote: »
    Guitar Hero4: Acoustic band?

Guitar Hero - Chumbawamba special edition!

I always thought there were too many f*cking members in that band!
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They should just combine the two products.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

And it used to be all about the music man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

If Activision pull their usual **** or only letting their drums work with the game and not Rock Band's I'll be skipping it. Well I'll be skipping it anyway, but I imagine it'd piss a lot of people off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement