Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From eircom to chorus?

Options
  • 21-04-2008 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

ok so im thinking of changing from eircom to chorus..ive had no problems with eircom whats so ever its just chorus seems a lot cheaper and they also have faster speeds..the only problem is i remember last year hearing chorus broadband was really bad.. im just wondering have they improved their service because im going to need a reliable connection for working...what are peoples experiences with them
    thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You are aware of Eircoms speed increases in June, Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

yes, well after reading through this thread i am.. It's my dad who's getting in and he's going on about it being much cheaper...
    i must say im trying to get him to keep eircom because i find it very reliable its always working its never down in my area , but he's all for the chorus so just making sure its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

Harpy wrote: »
    ok so im thinking of changing from eircom to chorus..ive had no problems with eircom whats so ever its just chorus seems a lot cheaper and they also have faster speeds..the only problem is i remember last year hearing chorus broadband was really bad.. im just wondering have they improved their service because im going to need a reliable connection for working...what are peoples experiences with them
    thank you

this is my experience with them.. have their broadband and TV package for 4 years. Only had two outages in all that time: one was on a sunday when there was a fault in the general area and it was repaired with 24hrs. the second time was our own fault when the back fence blew down in a heavy storm two months ago and pulled the Chorus cable from the roof. Hardly their fault but they came out and fixed it after three days.

I started out paying e20 i think for a 512k line + basic TV, got a free upgrade to a 1MB line about ten months later. Moved house and stayed with Chorus, got in a 3MB and basic TV package for e30. And last week got upgraded to a 6MB line, still paying e30 a month. Download limits seems non-existent, or else they are very lenient about it.

It's usually their Customer Service that people give out about, but the actual broadband/TV works fine.

It's a bit like that girl in the nursery rhyme "When she's good - she's very very good, but when she's bad - she's horrid!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

was thinking of changin from eircom to chorus aswell, got a leaflet in the door the other day from chorus, 12mb bb with 1mb upload, all local and national calls free and tv package for €85 per month doesnt seem like a bad offer at all but a lot of people here reckon they are bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

yeah they have a really good deal like.. but i know if its never not working im the one thats gonna get the blame woohoo.. I've heard that its improved a lot recently from a couple of people so i suppose its worth a try i think there's like a trial period and you can cancel it after a couple of weeks if you want..all i can say is god love the poor fella that rang my father offering it to him if its problematic.because he promised him the sun moon and stars from chorus and the last thing i heard my father sayin to him when he got off the phone was i have your name so it better be as reliable as you say..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭CodedFire

Im actually waiting on the install guy for the max pack at the mo, ive used chorus before and they were rubbish granted it was about 4 years ago, ive decided to give it another shot since the price is right and ive moved to a different area, i havent canceled my sky or digiweb service just yet. This gives me a month to test it. I suggest anyone changing services follow the same rule.

Advertisement