Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Alarm for a VW Bora?

Options
  • 21-04-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My budget is about €250ish.
    Any and all suggestions please.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've a 2000 Bora and I've two alarms. A Sikura SA80 and the DFS as part of my Pioneer P700R DFS. Both work perfectly and I've never had a moments bother with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

My old car... now the wife's bora has a META alarm fitted. Cost around €250 in 2003. Never a problem with it. Has loads of extra's including

Anti Hijack door closure (All doors close once car is underway)
    Full closure on arming (if you leave sunroof/windows open they close when activating alarm)

Also voltage drop warning. Handy when little hands go messing with interior lights. Alarm will activate if it detects a voltage drop. Has safed me a few times from a flat battery.

bbability wrote: »
    My old car... now the wife's bora has a META alarm fitted. Cost around €250 in 2003. Never a problem with it. Has loads of extra's including

Anti Hijack door closure (All doors close once car is underway)
    Full closure on arming (if you leave sunroof/windows open they close when activating alarm)

Also voltage drop warning. Handy when little hands go messing with interior lights. Alarm will activate if it detects a voltage drop. Has safed me a few times from a flat battery.
    Sikura SA80 does all of the above, with a built in battery in the event that the vehicle battery is disconnected, plus a very sensitive shock sensor - it sets off with the approach of anything with a wide bore exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Shels_Gar

crosstownk wrote: »
    it sets off with the approach of anything with a wide bore exhaust.

It's Scobie-proof?!??:D

Shels_Gar wrote: »
    It's Scobie-proof?!??:D

It has been, so far........

*crosses fingers & touches wood*

• Advertisement
Advertisement