Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA to outsell Halo?

• 21-04-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say it will by a tiny portion. These reviews coming in thick and fast are reporting on the game, that's leaving out the storyline. How amazing will it be when it's included!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Of course.

Gta is on both xbox and playstaion.

It has a whole other console to outsell Halo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

seriously GTA IV could take a dump, mix it with a dump from daikatana and it would still produce a better game than any halo game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I'd say it will by a tiny portion. These reviews coming in thick and fast are reporting on the game, that's leaving out the storyline. How amazing will it be when it's included!
    It will be alot more than a tiny portion. Its on both consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Cremo wrote: »
    seriously GTA IV could take a dump, mix it with a dump from daikatana and it would still produce a better game than any halo game.
    *yawn*

We get it, you don't like halo :rolleyes: Kinda boring yore repetative bleeting about how crap you think it is. Also it's irrelevant to the topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just because a game outsells other games, does not mean its a better game. People will buy anything that is advertised well. Saying that, Gta is gonna ****ing rock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

It will probably outsell at Halo least 2:1 going by this.
    GTA is the most popular game of modern times (excluding nonsense games like sims etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kaimera wrote: »
    *yawn*

We get it, you don't like halo :rolleyes: Kinda boring yore repetative bleeting about how crap you think it is. Also it's irrelevant to the topic.
    not really irrelevant considering good games out sell crap games.

GTA good
    halo crap.

point proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

GTA good
    halo crap.

point proven.

Well considering GTAIV isen't even out and therefore hasn't outsold Halo3 yet your point is not proven its complete fabrication.

Your a dumbass.

Point proven. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

GTA to outsell Halo?

Does a bear sh*t in the woods? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Do chickens wish they could fly?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Do one legged ducks swim in circles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Irrelevant of whether Halo is crap or not (personally I think its a well-polished game that doesn't re-invent the wheel), crap games almost always outsell good games! Look at ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, God of War etc. versus all the FIFA iterations (though 2008 is an improvement), countless movie tie-ins etc.

I do believe it will outsell Halo, its obvious tbh, its across two consoles! But I actually think it will also outsell Halo solely taking the Xbox360 figures into account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭event

GTA good
    halo crap.

point proven.

has halo 3 not pretty much out sold most other games?

so going by your logic, it would make halo a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

of course it will halo was crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Big Knox wrote: »
    Your a dumbass.

although grammatically you attacked no one, please keep the personal insults to a minimum here... despite being the gta forum, we're a nice bunch of folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Without multiplayer I dont htink it would but because multiplayer im probably going to get more hours out of this game that any other console game before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Really really pointless thread tbh. Of course it will outsell Halo.

It's been around longer
    It's more popular
    It's on both gaming platforms

retard thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Really really pointless thread tbh. Of course it will outsell Halo.

It's been around longer
    It's more popular
    It's on both gaming platforms

retard thread!
    Better game.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

GTA good
    halo crap.

point proven.

No offense Cremo, but every thread that ever mentions Halo you seem to wade in like Halo slept with your mother and killed your dog.

Fanboi-ism is a 2 way street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Nailz wrote: »
    Better game in my opinion.... :D

I fixed it for you.

Comparing halo and cod = ok
    Comparing gta and saints row = ok
    Comparing an fps with a third person freeroaming action adventure game = retarded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No, it still is a better game. More appealing, longer and better know worldwide. All of those things have nothing to do with the type of game it is. Even if it was only on the one console, I still reckon it would outsell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

gta4 could be the worst made game of all time and itll still sell huge number

personally i find the gta games mind numbingly boring after a few hours, but im getting this one coz the multiplayer looks great fun

given a choice of 1p games, id take halo over gta any day, and i dont rate halo too highly by any means

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

GTA really should sell at least twice as much as Halo 3 did, Halo isn't in the same class in terms of being a recognised brand name - remember that not that many people had original Xboxes so most of the hype for Halo 3 was paid for by Microsoft, whereas most of the hype for GTA is genuine fan hype from the millions of people who played the previous games in the series.

I hate Xbox owners going on about Halo, played it and did'nt think it was special tbh, an adverage game and nowhere near the likes of MGS, GTA, Hitman etc..... Best shooter is available on both platforms(COD 4), really looking forward to the next edition of that one!!

Advertisement