Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

recommendations please

• 22-04-2008 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

so after spending years with indie stuff ive stared to drift back to heavier stuff in the past few months, and have gone back to the old classics i used ot listen to when i first got into music mostly hardcore and us punk.

So im looking to catch up on some stuff i might have missed , at the moment my playlist is riddled with suff like deftones, bio hazard, downset, helmet, tool, soad, max cav era sepultura, at the drive in , ratm,life of agony, coc, sick of it all, suicidal tends, ..... blah blah blah

I did get a cd by a band 'death by wednesday" from a friend i liked this alot.
    aswell as some new punk stuff form old bands like millencolin, pennywise, goldfinger and antiflag

so ive got a really mixed bag at the moment but if anyone have any recommendations for new stuff they think id like please post

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

OK here we go.

Agnostic Front
    Wisdom In Chains
    Consumed
    Madball
    H20
    Cro Mags
    Murphys Law
    Bane
    hoods
    Donnybrook
    Terror
    AFi
    The Dwarves
    North Side Kings
    Misfits
    Die young
    Colin Of Arabia
    Blacklisted
    Hard Response

Theres millions more but check all those on Myspace and see what you like, after that we can narrow it all down a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

nice one bombidol, some of the donnybrook shows on you tube look truely painfull to be in the pit for 1st time ive seen guys use roundhouse kicks in mosh pit :eek:

also checking some of the older punishable act stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

+1 for Agnostic Front and Cro Mags! :)

S.O.D., D.R.I. , Cryptic Slaughter all crossover punk stuff.

Oi Polloi, Black Flag, Sick Of it All, The Exploited. :)

Donnybrook are great they are kind like Terror "lite" if thats possible. Check Terror vids for mental pit stuff. Bad luck 13 for insanity too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Going by some of the ones you listed maybe try Hatebreed.Modern hard/metalcore.

Also try out Throwdown.

Good stuff.

\m/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Shels_Gar

calex71 wrote: »
    nice one bombidol, some of the donnybrook shows on you tube look truely painfull to be in the pit for 1st time ive seen guys use roundhouse kicks in mosh pit :eek:

also checking some of the older punishable act stuff

Hardcore dancing is one of the funniest things in the world to see at a gig....:D

Anyhow, try Caliban & Heaven Shall Burn....

Remember thats its modern hardcore "dancing" thats a sham. The old school stuff is murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I recommend the following:

Comeback Kid
    Hatebreed
    Unearth
    All Shall Perish
    All That Remains
    As I Lay Dying
    Atreyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Vision of Disorder
    Dyschord