Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is boards very cliquey?

2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

People are nasty online occasionally, not because poker is a competitive game but because those people were raised poorly and are rude.

Don't make exceptions or excuses for them.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

DeVore wrote: »
    People are nasty online occasionally, not because poker is a competitive game but because those people were raised poorly and are rude.

Don't make exceptions or excuses for them.

DeV.

Yet another pop at RT. Getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

bohsman wrote: »
    As far as the staking goes I know Id prefer to be staking people who are posting regularly - particularly in the strat section as a) I know theyre working on their game b) theyre giving something to boards aswell as getting something out of it and c) yes its a bit easier to trust someone you see posting a lot.

Ship the chips :)

And I'd imagine that in terms of banter here certain posters tend to have a certain tone about them; once ya know which snipe is serious, and which is merely a wee poke then yer doin alright.

And as for the Cork comments... :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yet another pop at RT. Getting old.
    Urk? Sorry, I wasnt having a pop at RT. Thats what I genuinely feel and I dont see how I was even vaguely having an underhand pop at him. Its not even limited to Boards let alone one person here.

Also, please please do show me where I have done that before (obliquely, directly confronting him in my well doesnt count). I think you'll find a dearth of examples of cheap shots from me.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Urk? Sorry, I wasnt having a pop at RT. Thats what I genuinely feel and I dont see how I was even vaguely having an underhand pop at him. Its not even limited to Boards let alone one person here.

Also, please please do show me where I have done that before (obliquely, directly confronting him in my well doesnt count). I think you'll find a dearth of examples of cheap shots from me.

DeV.

LOL. Tom was LEVELED on the interweb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

DeV.

Don't listen to em Dev, cheapshots at RT never get old imo :p

Because I suffer greatly from an inability to be direct and to call someone out if I mean them specifically... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I've never dont that before. :cool:

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

DeV.

cheap shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

kool

down $11 and now you have a boyfriend

got tarped good imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

rb_ie wrote: »
    Could be worse.

I had a bumpy start to posting in the poker forum due to two jokes that did not go down well.

Bit like my relationship with yorema.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

i think the very nature of a specific forum is clicky. You tend to get the same people posting about the same type of topic and therefore a kind of fellowship emerges.

How deep you get into the 'click' depends on how often you post and interact with others. It's this that allows for all the in-jokes and non-boards.ie related discussions (i.e. live games or meeting during on-line sessions etc).

Despite he board being 'clicky' I think it's relatively easy to get into - or out of - just partake and it kind of absorbs you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭HoLLLLLaments

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    down $26 and now you have a boyfriend

got tarped good imo

itsatarpoe7.jpg

Oscar, linking to that particular piece is completely out of line. I expected better from you but I leave the link there for people to make their own judgement!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Grafter wrote: »
    but my slightly paranoid mind thinks that a large amount of the threads that I've contributed to have died a death/ground to a halt once I posted.

this also happens all the time with these guys 5starpool, Ste05, lafortezza,and a guy called De Vore and they have like loads of posta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I don't think the forum is cliquey at all. There are loads of regulars here who despise each other. Non boards people seem to think that boards posters don't give non posters who play poker any respect but I don't think that's true at all, If it is it's down to just one or two imbeciles.

There are however a few bunches of three or four who stick together and back each other up. You find them ganging up on the OP in the same thread a lot. There are also some people who like to take on whole different boards all-powerful all-knowing persona which is totally unlike them in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

NickyOD wrote: »
    I don't think the forum is cliquey at all. There are loads of regulars here who despise each other.

lol, so true.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

nicnicnic wrote: »
    this also happens all the time with these guys 5starpool, Ste05, lafortezza,and a guy called De Vore and they have like loads of posta

Well at least there is no tumbleweed following my every post nicnicnic, if that is your real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

luckylucky wrote: »
    lol, so true.

**** off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

there is nobody on this forum I dispise, some i consider to be arrogant dkheads (I know the feeling is mutual) but i sure as hell dont despise them.....sometimes one of them do something and I think he's not all bad then I slap myself and think.....nnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawww he's a dkhead stop this. I dont know why people get hung up on the word clique, every walk of life has cliques, birds of a feather etc. I dont think its a bad thing , its human nature. I think the rag2gar story (dont mention the war) divided the forum a little with some surprising sidetaking...

remember though, its just the internet, smoke a spliff and laugh back at the cigar wielders.....the written word contians no obvious phycial emotion so sometimes what's written with a grin can be mistaken for a gimace....

you dispicable shower of b................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

YULETIRED wrote: »
    there is nobody on this forum I dispise, some i consider to be arrogant dkheads (I know the feeling is mutual) but i sure as hell dont despise them.....sometimes one of them do something and I think he's not all bad then I slap myself and think.....nnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawww he's a dkhead stop this. I dont know why people get hung up on the word clique, every walk of life has cliques, birds of a feather etc. I dont think its a bad thing , its human nature. I think the rag2gar story (dont mention the war) divided the forum a little with some surprising sidetaking...

remember though, its just the internet, smoke a spliff and laugh back at the cigar wielders.....the written word contians no obvious phycial emotion so sometimes what's written with a grin can be mistaken for a gimace....

you dispicable shower of b................

can we start our own clique?? (i'm lonely)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

bops wrote: »
    can we start our own clique?? (i'm lonely)

(from that cliquey film Oklahoma)
    NO, the dubman and the culhie can't be friends,
    the dubman and the culchie can't be friends
    the culchie smells of cow manure, the dubman like to take a shower,
    that is why those boyos can't be friends.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

YULETIRED wrote: »
    (from that cliquey film Oklahoma)
    NO, the dubman and the culhie can't be friends,
    the dubman and the culchie can't be friends
    the culchie smells of cow manure, the dubman like to take a shower,
    that is why those boyos can't be friends.....

my brain is undecided:

left side: LOL! WP - opposites attract - no?
    right side: I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN

...i'll let you know which side wins later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

oh yeah. lol

i missed this joke, pm it :)...

to OP give it time, i was abit like that for my first gew hundred posts, mainly because my advice so attrocious lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

5starpool wrote: »
    Well at least there is no tumbleweed following my every post nicnicnic, if that is your real name.

as in you lock them = no more posts.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

as in you lock them = no more posts.

Wow, if only I was as smart as you Joe. Give me some credit ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

5starpool wrote: »
    Wow, if only I was as smart as you Joe. .
    more chance of you being a proffessional live HE player. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

This is a savage thread. First Dev gets levelled, then goodluck2me levels himself... LOL :D

Advertisement