Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooing Stretch Marks

Options
  • 22-04-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Is there any difficulting with tattooing over stretch marks?
    They're skin tone colour that look like there is a silverish tone off them in the light, not the heavy pink or purple kind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

probably not, i have a fairly big scar from childhood, which got infected while healing up, and became (unlike the one on the other side), purple and silver and blue and blotchy, but i got that inked over no problems. check with your artist, obviously, but i think you'll be safe enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Your skin may be a little more sensitive there, due to the skin itself being thinner. I'd also not be too sure about how well it'd hold the ink, but I'm no expert, so as Crumble Froo said, have a chat with a good tattoo artist and you won't go too far wrong.
    I've some very heavy stretch marks over a lot of my stomach and down the inside of my arms, so I know it can be more sensitive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

i got my tatt over stretch marks, kinda hurt more alright but was grand

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Teh Russ

The insides of my arms are a bit stretchmark-y, and I got tattooed over them. You can see a very subtle difference in the shade of the ink, but it's most certainly not obvious. Hides them quite nicely too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

/me furthers his plans for "tiger stripes" to disguise his tummy stretch marks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

stretch marks and tattoo....owwwww:eek:

yeah, but at the end, it looks a LOT better than just stretch marks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

yeah, but at the end, it looks a LOT better than just stretch marks :D

True true......i call mine my tiger strips:D

i know someone else who does too, actually :D

one thing i have noticed about my tatt on the stretch marks is it's sorta...fuzzy where it crosses the stretches, it's not bad but i notice it enough, i know the pic is a bit blurry anyway but ye can still sorta make it out, so I'd be wary of getting anything with sharp detail over stretch marks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Can't really see the blurring but I think the ink looks a bit paler where the stretch marks cross it. Don't think I've any stretch marks where my tattoos are, think the only place I have any is just above my hips front and back and as yet no tattoos over them.

yeah it's not bad but I can see it myself, prob need to get it touched up sooner or more regulary than the average tatt but meh...

i can now officially tell you that yes it does hurt more to tatt over stretch marks, got my second yest and despite it being bigger and colourful compared to the other one, it didn't hurt at all!

Advertisement