Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know weird black guy about town...

Options
  • 22-04-2008 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

This freaky guy with a Caribbean accent who's loud and very forward, quite rude too completely weirded me out in town recently. I'm not sure if he's harmless or just rude or possibly has asperger's syndrome but I'm fascinated to know some of the stories he's told people. Think he works in media.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PeterVenkman

Tall guy, mad about soccer?
    Usually wears footie shirts?
    If it's the same character, then I know him & he's very odd.
    Used to hang around several bars in town, now not welcome in many of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 glenamaddy glen

Yeah, that's him.

I'm not surprised he's not welcome in some places, he seems to have a talent for rubbing people up the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PeterVenkman

Yeah, he's prone to outbursts man.
    Some mates of mine used to play football with him, now they avoid him like the plague.
    Something sticky happened during a kick-about, and he went off one one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

dont think i know the guy..young old?yer posts read very similar...must be early morning scepticism:-D pics maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Wesley Charles?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The dirty looking fella with the long black beard was on a bit of a rampage last night. He was knocking over the big bins and pretty much having an utter spa attack and shouting and roaring. He then went into the bin at the top of mainguard street and was sticking his hands out the holes. :confused:

I've never seen this side to him before, it was a bit :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Sherifu wrote: »
    Wesley Charles?

God forgive me but he was first person that popped into my head aswel

God forgive me but he was first person that popped into my head aswel
    See you in hell my friend.

dont think i know the guy..young old?yer posts read very similar...must be early morning scepticism:-D pics maybe?

I'd say he's late 20s maybe early 30s.

Yes, I adapt easily to the slanguage of the common man!

i didn't dare take a photo, id say there's an air of paranoia about the chap. in fact, he could be trackin me down as we speak...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

i think his name is rick........and he talks utter rubbish

• Advertisement

That's the guy, cheers I'm so glad that others agree with me, he's the kind of guy who really makes you question the future of mankind.

I'm not sure, but I get the impression that he THINKS he's a likeable social person, but he's very unnerving and has the complete opposite effect.

I'd say perhaps it's just down to poor social skills and not knowing the normal personal interaction etiquette, which is what prompts me to think he's got asperger's syndrome or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Yeah, he's prone to outbursts man.
    Some mates of mine used to play football with him, now they avoid him like the plague.
    Something sticky happened during a kick-about, and he went off one one.

ah, yeah now i know who you're talking about. I was there (i think, sounds similar anyway). He doesn't like it when you tackle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

jaysus lads.. ya can really feel the racism in here today :eek:

all i can say is FFS cop yer selves on..

i know the lad well, he is often misunderstood, but actually quite a friendly person, how do you think you would react if you had all these racist comments made about you?? not very nice i would think..

if you took the time to get to know people you would see a side that no one sees, a good start would be by looking in the mirror :eek:

christ lads.. this is Galway, we are supposed to be laid back in these parts..

all of ye.. grow up :mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is it racist to say someone's black?

All people were saying was that he acts a bit mental, the colour of his skin has nothing to do with that and no one's claiming that it does. OP was just trying to describe the person.

It bugs me more when people go "Oh you know the guy with the dreads" or whatever just to avoid saying black.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

jaysus lads.. ya can really feel the racism in here today :eek:

all i can say is FFS cop yer selves on..

i know the lad well, he is often misunderstood, but actually quite a friendly person, how do you think you would react if you had all these racist comments made about you?? not very nice i would think..

if you took the time to get to know people you would see a side that no one sees, a good start would be by looking in the mirror :eek:

christ lads.. this is Galway, we are supposed to be laid back in these parts..

all of ye.. grow up :mad::mad::mad:

Would you cop yourself on you PC loon - FFS to go the Motors forum would ya
    HOW is there anythign racist here? The colour of his skin was used to identify him - how in the name of Jeebus is that racist?

Is it racist if a black lad was ID'ing a white guy out a bunch of people by saying he's white? Whatever chip you have on your shoulder you'd want to get rid of it awful quick... get a hobby or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Is it racist to say someone's black?

All people were saying was that he acts a bit mental, the colour of his skin has nothing to do with that and no one's claiming that it does. OP was just trying to describe the person.

It bugs me more when people go "Oh you know the guy with the dreads" or whatever just to avoid saying black.

OMGZZZ UR RACIST AGAINST PPLZ WIT DREDZ :mad::mad::mad: U BIG RACIST U!!! ALL I CAN SAY IS FFS COP URSELF ON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 scaradhg

Apparently there are several racist comments on this thread-ah where? if its the same guy that I am thinking of,y yes he is seriously alarmingly strange...might seem like "sound guy" but really hes a freak-last summer we were playin soccer in the square and he came over,asked to take fotos of us....and tried to play soccer with us....ive seen him out aswell and guys i agree-hes nuthin but trouble and claims he works as a financial advisor-pretty funny as he told my friend he was doin marketing for sum place on middle street-busy man by the looks of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Dont think i know this guy at all! surely he has been around a while now so many have seen them. i retract my earlier comment guess it was early and seemed like it was one person making the first four posts..just cos im not up posting at 2am:-) thread is getting pretty heated..

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

well to be honest, you have just proved that you know absolutely nothing about racism.. find a dictionary or something and read it..

it can be more than just the colour of someone's skin to be racist you fool..

look it up...:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

you are the only person who has made a fool of yourself here Steve. People like you sicken me. Bringing out the racism card just because some people don't like your friend.

• Advertisement

Starting to change your mind stevecrow74? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I met this gentleman through a friend a year ago. He seemed quite nice
    But I havent seen him since than so I can't really comment on the behaviour

oh yeah and... In b4 lock

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Barely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement