Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neck piercing

Options
  • 22-04-2008 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Had it done myself, not too sore. They're very tempremental piercings (well for me anyway) I took it out at the beginning of March.

Handy to heal but will get swollen and this weather doesn't really suit it much.

Go for it if you want it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

got mine done, eh, i think almost a year ago, it's taken a while to heal up/settle down, as was predicted and expected, i've looked after it pretty well, with at least 80% effort put into washing it when im supposed to etc, but i love it. absolutely love it. if you want it/like it, go for it.

steve in snakebite is the man for it, i reckon, he did mine, and the aftercare was stellar. i'd pop in every few weeks and get him to look at it... it went through some swollen/irritated/angry phases, and he never had any problem looking at it, giving his opinion, and telling me what way i was best to look after it at that time.

at the same time, mark in vpiercings (who trained under steve), i know to quite like nape piercings (assuming you're talking about the back of the neck and not a madison at the front?), and loves to do them, and i'd trust him with them every bit i'd trust steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Go to a reputable piercer and you won't have a problem,

I have mine nearly 3 years now and I havent had a single issue with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Not jealous at all I swear! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

mines only done a few months now, only had it checked once...oops..steve said it was grand though, yeah steve in snakebites yer man, it's an odd feeling to get it done, doesn't hurt too bad till after and ye realise ye can't turn yer neck much without going "ah balls!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

"ah balls!" lol :D tis a peircing i want done. but not sure how it will look on after all most of my neck is coverd by hair and dreads. must say though looks great on girls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Le Rack wrote: »
    mines only done a few months now, only had it checked once...oops..steve said it was grand though, yeah steve in snakebites yer man, it's an odd feeling to get it done, doesn't hurt too bad till after and ye realise ye can't turn yer neck much without going "ah balls!"

really? i thought it didnt hurt at all! and i mean... at all. it was a curious sensation alright, but instead of my usual '1,2,3, AH that hurt. alright, im ok now', it was more... '1,2,3, ... oooh.'

has me infiinitely more interested in surface piercings now anyway...

and as for the turning your neck thing, i remember steve asking me to turn my head this way and that, and how did it feel, and my exact reaction was 'it feels like... it's not there... ' and he said that was exactly how it should feel.

i think the only time im really conscious of it is when im taking clothes off, cos i have to make sure to pull them forward away from my nape,a nd then back, away from my septum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

ah yeah was grand gettin done, now granted it did hurt when steve had to pierce it a second time cuz the jewelry wouldn't go through, he'd found some scar tissue, so that's prob where the pain came from in mine, staright after he did the neck turning thing with me and i was similar to you alright, with some slight sorta tightness, but sittin in eddie rockets an hour later i turned my head real quick to look out the window, only to go "ah, ow, ok that hurt, don't do that again!" So far as gettin it done though was grand, like after other piercings i tend to get a bit of a head rush n need to sit for a min but this was just dandy!

Plus it was funny cuz it spurted blood at my mate who was watching...hehe :D she freaked steve went oh sh!t under his breath n im sittin there focussing on keeping my neck dead straight asking both of em, what! whats goin on! steve says ah it's grand, just a little blood... as sarah squeezes my hand like she's in labour! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 An Bhfuil tu sa

Alot of them can reject and mine took 2 years to do so but some people may never experience this. As for the pain end of things, I think it's a minor pinch while it breaches the skin on each side and while it's being directed under the skin it causes no pain at all and if memory serves me correct this is because you haven't got nerves in that particular layer.
    This post has been deleted.

Advertisement