Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obama/Clinton on Stewart and Colbert

Options
  • 22-04-2008 4:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

Clinton made a cameo on last week's Colbert report, Michelle Obama has already been on. Clinton has been on Stewart via Videolink on the eve of a Primary and tonight on the eve of PA, Obama is on Stewart.

Are the candidates really trying to reach the young voters this time and overcome the cynicism?

It seems so hypocritical for Clinton and Obama to use the smear tactics via ABC, CNN and Fox et al and then come around to the two shows that make their living by cutting through all the bull****.

What do you think it says of the candidates and what should we think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,247 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Clinton I don't think approves of either show really. Hence the Satellite feed which I think was a farce really; she wanted to be able to cut the connection if it started getting sour. Obama never seems to mind it. Mike Huckabee adored it.

From my seat its rarely ever been Obama to launch an attack - hes too good at counter-offense for that.

I think they're mostly just trying to hide the idea that theyre both elitists tbh :p But I think we should hang onto the visits and have them there to remind us of the person inside the leader who will have to put on their Serious Face next year. For me (an Obama supporter) I like that he can have a craic on places like the Daily Show, and still stand tall on the podium when he has to adress the dirt and the issues.

But of course Bush did sort-of the same. But the difference is he really frakked up under the pressure of the presidency, and we never let him forget it.

Advertisement