Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anzac Day (Aus & Nz)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ha Two Up is a great game. We do it down at the football club on a quiz night etc.

Well no work Friday means an after-work session on Thursday. That'll result in a monster sleep in. I'll get up just in time for the Collingwood/Essendon game cause there's sure to be some sort of row in that. Probably head out Friday night and recover Saturday.

Last long weekend for WA for a while so gotta make the most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Norinoco

Pretty much the same as Xavi6!

Clovelly Hotel (Sydney) are putting up a marquee where there will be loads of 2up's going on at the same time...meant to kick off about 2pm...saying that, there is a big one planned for Thursday night so 2pm might be a bit early!

Most people I have been talking to (I do live in the Junction after all) are heading to the cock and bull for the day!

Was down in Melbourne one year - and they have massive parade out St Kilda Road to the Anzac Memorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

will be on in Dublin again this year.

They'd a good crowd last year.

http://www.ireland.embassy.gov.au/dubl/Anzac.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Oh, thanks for that qua-red, I had been meaning to look up the embassy site. I think we will go. Rather that than just drinking in a pub :rolleyes: My Dad will be marching in Melbourne again, with no family this time :( Only 6 left from his squadron now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Gee, glad we went to that and good to see such a good number of Aussies there, all ages and it was a lovely peaceful setting. Had a chuckle about the Bundy Rum you could have in your coffee or tea!! Great Anzac bikkies too.

Met the Ambassador who wanted to know why she didn't know about us!

Managed not to cry during the Last Post. Ever since it was played at my grandfather's funeral I have found it hard to listen too

• Advertisement
Advertisement