Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midnight Opening For IV?

• 22-04-2008 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm new to the forum!

I have a question for anyone living in the Tallaght area...do you know if Game in The Square are having a midnight opening for GTAIV? I've pre-ordered from them and seeing as they are complete f**k-ups, I want to get my copy as quick as I can before they sell it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just found out that there will be a midnight opening!! I can't wait!!

Mods, feel free to lock this if you want.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Anyone know of anywhere around Limerick open at midnight? Was thinkin of tryin Tesco on the Coonagh roundabout. Anyone have experience buyin new releases from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

shops would be mad to open at midnight in tallaght the amount of of people that would get robbed by the scumbags that night would be something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

tallaght aint openin at midnight as far as i know!!

the GAME on dawson street is... as its in town.... tallght isnt due to it bein in a shopping centre and being in tallght ha ha ha

the earliest tallaght has opened was 7 for ps3 launch....

youd be best off goin to town.... id say a load of places r doin midnight openins there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Anyone know of anywhere around Limerick open at midnight? Was thinkin of tryin Tesco on the Coonagh roundabout. Anyone have experience buyin new releases from there?

GAME in town are

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ger101

shops would be mad to open at midnight in tallaght the amount of of people that would get robbed by the scumbags that night would be something else.
    LOL, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, it is Tallaght after all!! LOOL!!

tallaght aint openin at midnight as far as i know!!

the GAME on dawson street is... as its in town.... tallght isnt due to it bein in a shopping centre and being in tallght ha ha ha

the earliest tallaght has opened was 7 for ps3 launch....

youd be best off goin to town.... id say a load of places r doin midnight openins there!

Tallaght's GAME are doing a midnight opening. I was told by one of the dudes behind the counter when I went in today. There's also little posters up on the windows about it, too.

Will be going at 11:00 on Monday night, LOL, just be to be sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tallaght's definately a midnight opening then? Nice one. Anyone know if you have to have pre-ordered with them to get a copy? I've got my pre-order with Xtra-Game around the corner from GAME and I doubt they'll be open at midnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Is HMV Grafton St Doing a Midnight Launch??

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

dont lock this compile any other places selling from midnight,
    i think smyths waterford are opening at midnight but can't confirm that as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Anyone know if Zavvi dundrum are doing one? cos wen i asked them they didnt seem to know themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

all the game branches are doin midnight launches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Tallaght's definately a midnight opening then? Nice one. Anyone know if you have to have pre-ordered with them to get a copy? I've got my pre-order with Xtra-Game around the corner from GAME and I doubt they'll be open at midnight.

Was in Xtra-Game in the Square today, they aren't opening at midnight, they're opening at 7am

I think you have to have a pre-ordered one from Game to get it at midnight though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

If a store was doing a midnight release would they have a sign up by now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

List of game stores opening at midnight in UK/IRL

http://www.game.co.uk/gtastores/

Does anyone know if Gamestop Dun Laoghaire is doing a midnight release?

I actually can't get an answer from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Does anyone know if Gamestop Dun Laoghaire is doing a midnight release?

I actually can't get an answer from them.
    They've never done one in there as far as I can remember, last big launch was the PS3 and they definitely didn't then! I remember a while ago someone posting and saying that they laughed at him when he asked if they were having a midnight launch!

That was actually me....hahahahah class you remember....the reason I ask is though when I went in a few days later they sort of changed tac(or whatever that word is) they didn't seem to actually know...

But yeah I can rule it out if they didn't for the PS3...Damn. I wouldn't have been able to go to town anyway for a 12.00 release since all the bus stop at 23.20(which is way to early)

Beekay wrote: »
    List of game stores opening at midnight in UK/IRL

http://www.game.co.uk/gtastores/

Ya there's one in Galaway :D

Fect it anyway if i had'nt been stone broke a few weeks back i'd have it that night, i heard people saying here there was no deposit with a GAME card, but i did'nt want to risk it(and have them say ''€5 please'' and having to say i didnt even have one!!:mad:, missed them by 2 days by the time i got money again!!.)

Fecking Gamestop, why could'nt they open

I'd queue on monday if i heard that had any on the shelves that night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

But yeah I can rule it out if they didn't for the PS3...Damn. I wouldn't have been able to go to town anyway for a 12.00 release since all the bus stop at 23.20(which is way to early)
    that's what taxis are for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

haha, briliant.

Im sure most decent game shops will be open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

Am I right in assuming that the midnight GAME openings are only going to be supplying copies to people who have pre-ordered? Or could I take a leisurely stroll down there and pick one up off the shelves.

Any other places opening at midnight around the Dublin city centre?

• Advertisement

I'm assuming no tescos in Dublin have the game for midnight then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

ShaneU wrote: »

Tesco in the Square in Tallaght is open 24 hours so I went in today to ask and was told that they will be selling it from midnight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

ShaneU wrote: »

My mate asked Tesco in Finglas. They said there's no midnight release and also they are not putting the game on the shelve until 8am

Any tescos on the north side? :D

EDIT:
    creggy wrote: »
    My mate asked Tesco in Finglas. They said there's no midnight release and also they are not putting the game on the shelve until 8am
    lame :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Does anyone know if Smyths in Airside is open at midnight?

Also, anyone who has not pre-ordered WILL NOT be getting this game for at least 2 weeks. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

mayway wrote: »
    Also, anyone who has not pre-ordered WILL NOT be getting this game for at least 2 weeks. Sorry.
    Pre-orders don't come out of the basic shelf stock. The worry isn't whether or not stores will actually have copies on the shelves, just a case of how quickly they sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭pbirney

:eek:

Just off the phone to TESCO Lucan. Confirmed on sale at 12.01am but only X360 version (standard AND special edition)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Zavi in Dundrum told my brother they will be selling it at opening time tmw, 8am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Just been out to finglas clearwater, they wouldn't sell until 8AM. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Does anyone know if Dunnes Stores sell 360 games and if they are are they selling tonight.

Advertisement