Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers UK

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Having major problems with DAbs this week and their bloody secruity check. What are overclockers like to use for delivery etc to Ireland? SVP dont have what i want at a decent price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

I was able to avoid a security check with ebuyer a couple of months ago by paying through google checkout. Not sure how their prices for components compares to overclockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I gave up with ebuyer many years ago. Unless they have improved their service. Dabs seemed to have resolved my problem now. Dont even know why i had a secruity problem especially when i paid by paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Their prices are quite good on some things and they have a huge range of stuff. The conversion rate is quite good atm aswell.Theyre generally not worth it if you're only buying one or two things though due to high delivery charges.
    And their after sales service i have found to be appaling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Virgil° wrote: »
    Their prices are quite good on some things and they have a huge range of stuff. The conversion rate is quite good atm aswell.Theyre generally not worth it if you're only buying one or two things though due to high delivery charges.
    And their after sales service i have found to be appaling.

Ditto.. I had an unreal amount of hassle with them a couple of months back. I'll never buy anything off them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I'm in the same camp as Dave. OcUK have no aftersales service, it just doesn't exist. No email, the web message thing never gets a response, and their telephone is always either off the hook or rings out with no answer. A complete disaster of a company. Why people are still spending money with a shower of d***heads like that baffles me, because there is a lot of feedback regarding them on the web, from people who have had similar problems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Nearly all their OEM stuff has been overclocked. I bought an OEM cpu from them that still had a heatsink stain on it, and a graphics card that didn't clock very well that had the original seal broken. Non existant customer service, their forums while informative are extremely biased. Stick with dabs or elara.

Actually, OP. Try these guys.. Scan.co.uk I bought a pile of stuff off them and they're delivery is excellent (Inside 48hrs), I also had to change the order and their staff were extremely helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ordered some items from OCuk on the 10th of April. They still haven't arrived. When should I start to get worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    ordered some items from OCuk on the 10th of April. They still haven't arrived. When should I start to get worried?

Now, I take it you opted for royal mail over parcel post? Parcel Post would give you a tracking number. OCUK are worse than Komplett for having items marked as in stock when theyre not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

How much is delivery with overclockers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Virgil°

Depends on the conversion rate.
    Its usually about 10£ for a medium-small delivery.
    Then its 22£ for a larger one.
    EDIT: Actually that might be just mainland uk.
    I recall being charged 48euro for a large delivery.

Virgil° wrote: »
    I recall being charged 48euro for a large delivery.

That sound's more like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 footfall

http://www.memoryc.com/
    There in Ireland
    very cheap delivery charges
    great site for memory and USB keys etc

Advertisement