Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fogging shades, what do you suggest?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm pissed off at both my shades (oakleys) and my el-cheapo yellows, as they both fog up awfully bad when climbing - the combination of exertion and slow speeds mean that there's a heat buildup behind up the lenses causing fogging. I suppose the fact that I'm wearing a helmet also prevents some of the heat from escaping out the top....

Can anyone suggest some tried and trusted frames which don't cost the earth yet don't suffer from fogging issues. I suspect that this could be the search for the holy grail though....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

This can happen you don't have a gap between your glasses and your face. Some models of Oakley's have small holes around the lens to combat this. With my pair of basic Oakleys, I find they only fog up when I stop. Usually there is a small bit of airflow to keep them clear. Try sitting your shades slightly further down your nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I've tried that but they either try to fall off, or they just go back to the normal position, or they're not comfortable. It's very annoying....was thinking of drilling some small holes along the top of the lenses to let more heat out...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

If you like, you can try my ones next time we are out and see if they suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

i spray a little anti fog spray on mine,normally use it on motorcycle visors,i havn't had any adverse reactions to eyes or lenses,been using it for years,came in handy this morning up slieve mann,ooohhh,overdressed,boil in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

here is an old tip:-

get a lint cloth
    rubb some fairyliquid on them on the inside
    smear it around
    let it dry out
    then go cycling

the liquid has antifog properties and is far cheaper than some of the gimmicks on the net!

http://www.cyclingreviews.com/how-to-fog-proof-your-glasses/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Yeah Fairy Liquid! Used to smear it on the visor on me helmet worked a treat.

Advertisement