Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok so I've soft modded my xbox..so now what :D

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I soft modded my xbox last night thanks to the handy thread below and have started putting a few things on it.
    I have XBMC and Mameox
    One think I've noticed is that with roms like MK II or III is that the FPS are too low to play. Now I presume we are not allowed talk about Roms on this site but can anyone just let me know if it the lack of Ram in the XBOX that causes this or am I missing something ?

I've also tried installing Surrealxxx but when ever I ftp a rom it wont start the app ? it just hangs on the loading Surrealxx screen ?
    If I remove all Roms it loads fine ?

Besides all that ..what else should I get for the xbox ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

XBMC is pretty much all you need.

I'd also recommend trying linksbox (web browser) which I use occasionally when I need to check something while at the tv. It's quite limited in terms of java, flash etc. But basic text and images is grand.

I've tried getting a good version of linux on to it, but no look so far. Anyone else try that?

Advertisement