Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Fashion Week

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Did anyone attend the events during Galway Fashion Week?? I was away and gutted I missed it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

There was a thread on this at the time. Didn't get much interest here though. :)

There's a website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cacharel

Yeah site looks great - they got great exposure on it anyhow. Heard tv3 were down...
    Its great bringing something like that to Galway, and featuring Galway Designers. Brilliant! Photos look great on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PeterVenkman

Hi,
    Does anybody else think that Galway is currently at saturation point with the amount of fashion shows that are taking place?
    There seems to be a ridiculous amount of them, taking place on a weekly basis.
    Opinions?
    Dr. V

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Buzz Buzz

Hi,
    Does anybody else think that Galway is currently at saturation point with the amount of fashion shows that are taking place?
    There seems to be a ridiculous amount of them, taking place on a weekly basis.
    Dr. V

Totally agree, only made this point yesterday to a friend of mine that runs a modelling agency in Dublin.. they are ten a penny in Galway at the moment and dont seem to serve any real purpose anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cacharel

Well I wouldnt really compare Galway Fashion Week to your average fashion show that takes place about the town! From what i know it was designer orientated - which some of Irelands top Irish designers attending??
    Did anyone go or see the events??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

well the way i look at it is, that while it may not be everyone's cup of tea, it's an attempt to generate a bit of business for the town, attract some national interest that isnt reliant on all the festivals.

it's a bit unfair to knock it in its first year but if it went well it may grow next year and have a wider impact particularly in the west. galway after all prides itself on being the region's capital and a creative city, so fashion as an artfrom is a perfectly legitimate thing to showcase...

Advertisement