Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

any citroen c3 pluriel owners??

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Looking to buy one of these just wondering does anyone have one and what do they think of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

You do know what a pain in the arse the roof is to operate i take it?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

ye kinda i know that the rails cant fit in the car so bascially if it rains and the roof is down im going to get very wet...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I was contemplating buying one of those years ago. Having read on several (continental) Pluriel fora that it is quite common to get wet even when the roof is up :D, I gave it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I seem to remember a review on Top Gear a few years ago, and despite the fact that the overdramatise everything, it seemed a right pain in the backside to switch between the various roof options

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭cj2007

ye i saw that topgear..hmm dont know thou its fairly good priced..and with it being ireland and all prob wouldnt take the roof down too often

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Completely OT but when I went to youtube to have a look at the pluriel (wanted to find the TG vid) I came across this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=645Fp0iTD2k

What a pointless video. Who bothers filming their car going onto the back of a towtruck, and just the part where the back of the truck is raisiing, then actually puts it on youtube. Some people need hobbies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

DONT, JUST DONT

I know some one who had one, back to the garage every month, and im not joking, Owner was told to use vaseline to seal the roof, it ended with them getting a new c4 after 1.5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭ismynametoolong

Roof aside and if we get a good summer it could be a good quirky buy !
    But i do remember chatting with the service manager where I get my car serviced and they happen to be Citroen dealers too and he referred to one as the Citroen Pleurisy Sieve !! Enough said !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've two words for you......

1. WATER
    2. LEAKS
    peasant wrote:
    I was contemplating buying one of those years ago. Having read on several (continental) Pluriel fora that it is quite common to get wet even when the roof is up

Tis true. The Pluriel is a funky looking car and very Citroën in design, but in reality it's not practical - especially in the typical Irish climate. Yes, the roof is a pain to remove, but worse still, the side roof sections between the A & C pillars cannot be stowed in the car so you could easily be out with the roof down and get caught by an Irish downpour with the integral parts of your roof back at your house:eek:

Do yourself a favour, consider a C2 1.6HDi VTS instead - lots of fun in a French hardtop.

Advertisement